2000 Jetta TDI for salvage, Minneapolis

Number6

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
I am posting this for a friend who totalled his car Friday 4/13. I will answer questions best I can below, and if you think you'd be interested I can put you in touch with him directly. He has received a (predictably low) offer from his insurance company, so we'd like to know if there is any interest out there, but he needs to accept or reject the offer within 48 hours. The car is presently located in Medina on the NW side of the Twin Cities.

This car is an early 2000 Jetta with the ALH engine and manual transmission. It has 232K miles on it. My friend bought it six weeks ago and it has just 2,000 miles on it since JasonTDI changed the timing belt (full kit, including water pump). Also changed were rotors and pads all around, air and fuel filters, oil & filter. Tires are new. Was slated to come back for an intake cleaning.

It is unknown whether the car will start and run; my friend had been taken to the hospital and was not in possession of the key when he later viewed the car in the towing yard. We think the engine and transmission should be fine, but obviously this has not been tested.

The car is silver. It was hit badly on the driver's side in the middle of the driver's door. The impact occurred at an angle (think merging). The front quarter is damaged, but the engine compartment is good, hood does not quite open/close properly. Rear door opens but does not close. The passenger side of the car is unaffected; in good shape except for a little rust around the front wheel well.

If you would be interested in making an offer on this, PM me. Feel free to ask open questions below as well. Thanks.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Before everyone gets all MINE over the car it might get repaired so don't flip out.