2004 PD Limp Mode

Neurosis99

TDI
Jetta,2004,Green 2014 Passat CKRA
Greetz,
I have a 2004 Jetta GLI, that went into limp mode and I did alot of searches and found the problem with one of the hoses and the little nub breaking off and the hose popping out of the intake.
Here's the rub...when I call the dealer to price/order the hose he tells me that there is no hose like that on my jetta.

Does anyone have a part number to this hose...(picture)

Then I can get the Hose ordered at least.

Thanks!

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Allegedly replacing the O-ring can help stop the nub wearing off from vibration, according to PDJetta in this thread. Go ahead and read the rest of that thread as well - whitedog has an interesting fix for exactly your problem.

scurvy

Neurosis99

TDI
Nice link. Is it really $200 bucks for that hose...? I thought about just drilling some small holes in the flange and safty wiring the hose to the intake, with some .030" stainless steel wire like I use on airplanes. Or fabbing up a plate to secure the hose to the intake...like the collectors on headers that are on my old '73 blazer. If the hose is bad and I can engineer up a fix with out any modification to the intake I'll give it a try....I'll post my results.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
This is how I fixed mine: Didn't feel like wasting money on a part that was going to fail again the same way... Got to be 8k miles since it was repaired.

Neurosis99

TDI
nice fix..I did the quick safty wire trick. The small flange on the hose worked perfect for drilling a small .050" hole into. Then fed the wire thru the drilled hole and the hole that was already in the intake. Wahla...simple fix. I ordered a new hose from Impex should be here tomorrow.

Blue Skies....

Ken

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
puter said:
There's always the redneck fix ;)

j/k
Well, I kinda did do that for a while... Ran for about a week with black duct tape holding it on. Took quite a bit wrapped in different directions to get it to hold. If I had this stuff, I'd have tried it!

puter

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
I have it, it is currently holding the headlight for my girlfriend's bug together. It is amazingly strong

and yes, I have a new one coming...this is just a stopgate until the replacement arrives :)

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have an update to my 'fix' shown above.... Since I only had 2 set screws the hose sat lower in the housing than normal and let the oring slide out on a long full throttle uphill run. I started hearing a very high pitched squeel at light throttle. The oring broke and was letting boost leak out through the retaining clip hole. I pulled the housing (which I didn't do the first time) and added a third set screw on the bottom. I put it together with a thicker oring (the only one I could get on a Sat - NAPA #1108) and we'll she how it goes.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
scurvy said:
Allegedly replacing the O-ring can help stop the nub wearing off from vibration, according to PDJetta in this thread. Go ahead and read the rest of that thread as well - whitedog has an interesting fix for exactly your problem.

scurvy
^ bump for WhiteDog! :D