Think I need a new injector pump. Getting an actuator code & fuel temp sensor code

codylent

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI, 2015 Jetta TDI
Think I need a new injector pump. Getting an actuator code & fuel temp sensor code

Hi guys! I really hope someone can help me. It started out as when I start my car in the morning it would idle fine but when I revved it up it would sputter and then smooth out after it idled a few minutes. I thought maybe fuel filter but it wasn't. Then I was just driving down the road and the car it still running but when I hit the gas nothing happened and then it rolled to a stop and shut off. Then it would start and rev real high and then shut right back off. I tried it a few more times and then if finally started and would idle but once I revved it up to about 2000 RPM it would sputter. I took it to the local VW shop (not a VW dealer, just someone who works on just VW & Audi) and he said there is 2 codes coming up. I cannot remember what he called the 1 code but it was something with fuel actuator and the other is a fuel temp sensor code. He said that is built into the pump. Anyone else ever had a similar problem? He said he thinks it's a bad pump. I just want to be sure.