Love New TDI

809GPE

Well, after posting in a couple of times last week without a car, I am pleased to say that the silver jetta is now in my garage. I picked it up on Fri in NC and drove it home very early Sat morning. The mileage was super, given that I ran it with break-in in mind the whole 700 miles. 47mpg in all. Actually, it was probably better than that, as I put in 13.3 gallons here in CT, and the fuel warning never came on. The needle was just approaching red. Dealer was very nice, but had no idea what makes these cars tick. I found out that VW uses 5/30 from the factory--not. And that I'd need to switch to a "thicker" oil because of my geographic location--figure that one out. I couldn't even get a straight answer on the timing belt thing. That said, I did get free window etching, mud flaps and wind deflector at no charge, because the car was brought in from another dealership. The 5spd is silky smooth and the seat heaters are quite warm. My hat's off to VW. What a change from my 1990 GL gasser.

dave

------------------
Dodge Cummins / TDI

Dana D.

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000, white
Welcome and congrates! I've had mine for a year. I just spent 4-5 hours today driving it and I like it more then the day I bought it.

And again, welcome to the fold.

FLMan

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now
Welcome to the Club. Just got mine on Saturday.

------------------
92 E-350 7.3 IDI, 98 Jetta III TDI Pearl Classic Green Metallic, 99 Polaris Diesel ATV, 2001 Frieghtliner FL 50, Cummins 24V ISB 225 HP 605 torque. Did I tell you I like diesels?