Semi-loud metal "tink" noise when shutting car off 15' Golf

Bugplug

TDI
01' Bug, 15' Golf
Took the car out toady for a couple 20mi runs with a couple stops along the way. It seems like every other time i shut it off there was a moderately loud metal sound, a "tink" if you will. It won't do it every time i shut it off but more often then not. Its loud enough to where its quite alarming? Since this EA288 is all new Ive done a little research, but not that well versed in this motor yet. Anyone have an explanation for this noise? Part of emissions equipt.? Part of the new water pump valving? No clue, its a 6MT Golf, Post fix, 2,600 Miles. Thanks :confused:

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Windshield wipers move a tad on every other shut down, or something like that to exercise the blade.
Is that it?

Bugplug

TDI
01' Bug, 15' Golf
Possibly? It sounds a little loud to be that i would imagine, it sounds like metal to metal contact i was by myself so i couldn't have someone shut it off while i listened. Does yours make this type of noise? thanks for the thought I would never have guessed that was a possibility.

Bugplug

TDI
01' Bug, 15' Golf
Another good possibility, unless its an ALH I'm basically starting from scratch with this motor, I've only put on a few hundred miles on the car it could have been doing it this whole time and i just didn't notice? can you guys hear your wiper motor cycling upon shutoff? Its a quite robust "tink" noise really startled me, I had my worries about this EA288 hope I'm not proven right. Also It seems like theres a super tiny tick at idle, are def fluid injectors audible? are they operating at idle? I don't know the parameters of this emissions equipt. whens its operating or not at what levels etc. every diesel I've owned has been deleted, and none with DEF just waiting for this one to prove its not a lemon before a spend the money. can't tell if its just how the motor is or what.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Wipers don't, or shouldn't, make much noise.
Easy enough to watch and see if the timing is right for your pronounced noise, is it the same or not.

Bugplug

TDI
01' Bug, 15' Golf
yea I'm gonna poke around when I get off work it sounded like it was from the passenger side well see

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
There's also some sort of electric actuated shroud around the water pump impeller that may engage when shut off.