Annoying rattle

MIXMAN3113

TDI
2011 Golf, 2015 Golf SEL
So I have a "new" 2015 Golf TDI SEL - Fender Audio..I have this annoying rattle that sounds like its coming from the rear passengers door when the radio is on, but not super loud, just talk radio at a normal level.

Does anyone know what could be causing this??? I have a few sheets of Dynamat, but don't want to waste it on places that aren't problematic.

Any suggestions?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
So I have a "new" 2015 Golf TDI SEL - Fender Audio..I have this annoying rattle that sounds like its coming from the rear passengers door when the radio is on, but not super loud, just talk radio at a normal level.
Does anyone know what could be causing this??? I have a few sheets of Dynamat, but don't want to waste it on places that aren't problematic.
Any suggestions?
Is it a metallic sound, high pitched and does it happen with the radio off as well?

MIXMAN3113

TDI
2011 Golf, 2015 Golf SEL
Is it a metallic sound, high pitched and does it happen with the radio off as well?
Not really metallic, almost sounds like a speaker is bad or blown, but only happens from time to time. I always have the radio on at normal volume , so I'm not sure if it happens without the radio on. Something I'll have to listen for.

What are known causes of rattling in these cars?

lriddick

TDI
2015 JSW
30k miles and i found one source, in the back there is a tire changing kit and the lug wrench was the problem, it no longer fits securely in the foam slot. it took awhile to find the source but thats what i found also make sure the subwoofer is secured in its slot with the plastic wheel nut

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Just fixed a similar rattle in mine.
The tow eye wasn’t pushed in securely in the styrofoam tire changing kit.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
30k miles and i found one source, in the back there is a tire changing kit and the lug wrench was the problem, it no longer fits securely in the foam slot. it took awhile to find the source but thats what i found also make sure the subwoofer is secured in its slot with the plastic wheel nut
Just fixed a similar rattle in mine.
The tow eye wasn’t pushed in securely in the styrofoam tire changing kit.
Yup! I was going to mention this until he said it wasn't metallic. The dealership actually must have heard this and had the tow eye under the passenger seat. I put it back, heard the sound, then out some foam around it to silence. Then I realized that my full size spare AND kit I had in my MK5 would fit so I tool my MK7 kit totally out of the car and out my full size and kit back it the spare tire location. I like the older style jack anyway, my 7yr old can EASILY work the older style scissor jack.