Tennessee Member Sound-off

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
I have vagcom. But I'm 2 hrs west of you. If we wanted to do a g2g Nashville seems to be the central location.
Anybody have a location we could have a g2g at so we can get to planning?
Are you thinking of a public place where we can park and buy some slurpies? Or, a more enclosed meeting room, etc.?

There's plenty of free parking in Bellevue. The mall is closed except for Sears, and a Bellevue movie theater is closed that was flooded out two years ago next to Shoney's.

OR, Maybe the old Nashville Auto Diesel College would let us meet on their campus!!!

1524 Gallatin Road
Nashville, TN 37206
615-226-3990

Lincoln College of Technology's Nashville campus, formerly Nashville Auto-Diesel College (NADC), has an impressive 90-year history in automotive training. Students have access to a complete auto shop facility and diesel, collision repair and high performance training programs. With students from all 50 states and several foreign countries, this Nashville campus offers on-campus dormitories, a full service cafeteria and helpful and knowledgeable Housing Assistance – making this one of the best diesel schools for relocation. The college also offers:
Hands on training from ASE Certified Instructors
NATEF Master Program and Custom Paints Program
Auto and diesel shop
Collision repair and refinishing facility
--------------------------------------------
Wouldn't that be cool?

I also have a contact at Neely Coble the local Freightliner dealer in Nashville. They may have an out of the way spot in the corner of a shop...

Just some thoughts... Any other Nashville'ites have ideas?

what about?:

German Performance Options
1227 Lebanon Pike
Nashville
gpotuning.com/
3 Google reviews

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I've had an individual in Beechgrove contact me letting me know he has a 30x50 shop with heat and a lift. Beechgrove is halfway between Nashville & Chatanooga. I just need to get with him and get that clarified and get some dates thrown out there for a possible time and then that way I can give my tuning friend a date so he can get up.

If this doesn't form into anything I'm all for a monthly dinner g2g or social drink and vw talk session.

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
I've had an individual in Beechgrove contact me letting me know he has a 30x50 shop with heat and a lift. Beechgrove is halfway between Nashville & Chatanooga. I just need to get with him and get that clarified and get some dates thrown out there for a possible time and then that way I can give my tuning friend a date so he can get up.

If this doesn't form into anything I'm all for a monthly dinner g2g or social drink and vw talk session.
Beechgrove sounds good to me... We should invite Andrew Rodriguez our semi-local Malone Tuning dealer.

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
Welcome Diesel Dane! Quite a nice stable full of oil burners you have there... I just need to convert my wife now. ;)

deezuhl

TDI
1992 Mercedes 300D 2.5
Deezuhl.

Murfreesboro.

Not a TDI owner yet but I do own some Mercedes diesels. My brothers maybe purchasing a tdi in the next few weeks.

Caveblazin

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I like the Beechgrove idea but if we decide on Nashville we have tons of places over here that we can aquire. Either way it would be nice to meet up with yall.. I've got a small farm here in SpringHill we could use.

deezuhl

TDI
1992 Mercedes 300D 2.5
My Brothers are now the proud owners of a 2013 Jetta TDI in Platnium Grey Premium w Navigation.

diesel dane

TDI
2010 Sportwagon 2001 jetta
Yes let's have a get together. I second the Andrew with Malone invite. I need to tune my car now that it has all this crap done to it!

volmaniac

Veteran Member
McFadden's Ford, Stones River NMP M'boro, TN
TDI
02 Golf GLS

Beech Grove is just across the county line in Coffee County (although it could be in Bedford County since all three come together right at Beech Grove) after you leave Rutherford County on I-24 (mile marker/exit 97). FYI the last M'boro exit (US 231) is at mile marker 81, so around 16-20 miles from M'boro and about 90 miles from Chattanooga.

Airstream

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta; 2010 JSW
Crap

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Airstream here in the heart of Nashville.

Diesel Dane I really want to see your MK4.

I have VCDS and am willing to help someone out. I would rather G2G in Nashville if possible, but I am down for whatever if time permits.

Caveblazin

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I'll check tomorrow but I know a place on Dickerson road that has a setup for cars and its also got great burgers or meat and three's. If any of yall want to meet up on Sunday around 4pm? Just figured I'd get the ball rolling and at least we could plan a future date for all of the TN folks at this place. The name of the place is Charlie Bob's and I have been there often. Yall good for this sunday?

Airstream

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta; 2010 JSW
Tomorrow at 4pm should work for me. Let me know. If its just is we can meet elsewhere Romero it the same... It's whatever.