Thinking of buying a 2015 Jetta TDI questions to you all.

Claybreaker

TDI
2015 TDI Golf SE
I am looking at a 15 Jetta s TDI CPO from a dealer. It has 18 .5k on it and priced at 13.9 k . I have never owned a VW before anything special I should look for? I am alittle nervous with all of the bad press. The car looks real clean but I have no idea on on how to take care of these had gas all my life. I know people who had them and they love that's why I am looking at this one. Any advice you would like to give or share.?

dodgeit

TDI
Jetta
I am looking at a 15 Jetta s TDI CPO from a dealer. It has 18 .5k on it and priced at 13.9 k . I have never owned a VW before anything special I should look for? I am alittle nervous with all of the bad press. The car looks real clean but I have no idea on on how to take care of these had gas all my life. I know people who had them and they love that's why I am looking at this one. Any advice you would like to give or share.?
If it only has 18,500 miles and is only $13,900. You should jump all over that. It will have an extended warranty to cover everything but the transmission till you put 104,000 more miles on it at the very minimum, and 11 years from inservice date and 162,000 total miles at the maximum.

$13,900 is a steal, unless it has been wrecked bad or is a flood car.

Claybreaker

TDI
2015 TDI Golf SE
Carfax is good. Should I even think about a extended version warranty? Or just take what the CPO comes with?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
With only 18.5 K miles on it you have to wonder why someone traded it. It could be because it was the last owners worst nightmare. (lemon?)

I think the CPO thing is mostly marketing. My pal got him a CPO 2009 MK 5 gasser (65 K miles) and even thought the check box on the CPO inspection stating that "all scheduled maintenance had been performed" was checked, the salesmen could only produce a record of one oil change.

When I asked about this, their response was that the person that performed the CPO inspection is a certified VW mechanic and of such integrity that he would never falsify a CPO inspection. :rolleyes:

It did turn out to be a great car.............

Last edited:

Claybreaker

TDI
2015 TDI Golf SE
I thought this to but looking at Carfax it is one of the buy back cars. Guess they wanted the money but you did bring up good question. But with the warranty VW is giving with the CPO car it looks like a good deal. Never seen anything like that. Kinda of scary all most to good a coverage?

thzpcs

TDI
2008 Golf TDI
Yeah, I've heard of some pretty killer deals from the buyback cars. On another forum someone found a 2015 TDI Wagon for around $11k, and it had about 10k miles on it.