www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old December 10th, 2017, 09:50   #1
TyeRant
Veteran Member

Question Where to buy MK4 Mirror or Complete Door(s)?

Ug.... I was in a hurry Friday and jumped into my old faithful 2003 Jetta Wagon (Silver) and was about to leave when I realized I forgot something in the house... Either I forgot to put the emerg brake on or it got bumped off as I got out. When I got back, it rolled down the driveway and I ended up with a crease across the drivers side front and back door. The mirror stopped it and was broken in the process.
I am at the point where I wonder how much $ i should put into it? I definitely need a mirror to be legal but I have seen doors on Kijiji for between $150 and as low as $30. Will Jetta sedan and/or Golf doors fit a Wagon? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
BTW. I only drive two to three times a week and very minimal distances, so I have been thinking of giving my TDI up for a while. I hate to see it sit! I may as well an automatic the Wife and eventually the Kid could drive... Sure will miss my TDI though
TyeRant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:37   #2
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

www.car-part.com

Front doors are interchangeable between Golf & Jetta, but the back door are wagon specific because of the roofline. Lots of silver ones available.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 10:46   #3
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km

Here is a complete wagon for $600. Swap the doors, and put it back on Kijiji for $500. It will sell fast. Lots of good parts left on it.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gon/1318264757

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2017, 11:55   #4
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Here is a complete wagon for $600. Swap the doors, and put it back on Kijiji for $500. It will sell fast. Lots of good parts left on it.

Looks like it has leather seats too! If still in good shape swap them too and/or whatever else!
Old December 12th, 2017, 16:28   #5
TyeRant
Veteran Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Thanks Wingnut! Very tempting to buy the whole car! The hatch looks not bad as well. Mine is getting a bit rusty. Hmmm. My wife would kill me if I showed up with another Car! Perhaps I can ask Mrs. Clause for forgiveness for Christmas? Or, perhaps I can just roll with the coal LOL
TyeRant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 07:46   #6
maxmoo
Veteran Member

If you decide not to fix it and give up on it let me know.....I might be interested in it for parts.......I'm not too far from you.
maxmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2017, 14:31   #7
realslimshaver
Veteran Member

The junk yard in Cambridge on hwy 97 towards Hamilton has at least 10 mk4s u pull it yard
Old January 1st, 2018, 08:59   #8
HPsenicka
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by realslimshaver View Post
The junk yard in Cambridge on hwy 97 towards Hamilton has at least 10 mk4s u pull it yard
Do you happen to know the name of this yard?

HPsenicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2018, 09:35   #9
imo000
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsenicka View Post
Do you happen to know the name of this yard?
Cambridge Auto Wreckers but the mirrors are usually the first things to go, followed by good condition front doors.
imo000 is offline   Reply With Quote