www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old March 27th, 2012, 16:57   #16
GD
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJetta View Post
i had my passenger side done. it looks a bit out of place but i am respraying the hood and bumper so they will look all the same.

I am taking it back because the finish is poor. The clear is orange peeled also they sprayed some sticky crap i assume to protect the seam areas? that I am having a ***** of a time getting off.

p.s. this work was done at owasco
Owasco sucks, I had my 2000 Jetta back and forth there for Fender replacement, repaint over spray blah blah - bad!
2004 Jetta TDI PD (BEW) Platinum Metallic Grey 340,000 kms SOLD
2000 Jetta TDI ALH Black 398,000 kms, TT LCA Bushings, TB changed at Windex GTG SOLD
GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 17:31   #17
LNXGUY
Veteran Member

Maybe they did the horrible work on my fenders? lol
Old March 27th, 2012, 18:27   #18
Jlaasf
Veteran Member

What parts are actually covered under the warranty? I know fenders and trunk lid. My quarters are awful, hoping they're covered.
Jlaasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 18:38   #19
Dieselducky
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlaasf View Post
What parts are actually covered under the warranty? I know fenders and trunk lid. My quarters are awful, hoping they're covered.
The whole car is covered... getting a hood replaced is kinda next to impossible because they will claim the rust is caused from stone chips...like mine rotted from the inside out no chips on the paint but the paint was all bubbled i gave up just gonna pick up a newer hood and shoot it myself
Dieselducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 20:28   #20
Peytron
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '10 Jetta

I just gave my 2010 Jetta a good wash now that the salt is off the roads, and am noticing bubbling on the hood next to the passenger fender. No chips on the paint. The warranty says it has to be perforated from the inside. Do I have to wait for it to rust through before they will honour anything?
Peytron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 20:39   #21
Dieselducky
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peytron View Post
I just gave my 2010 Jetta a good wash now that the salt is off the roads, and am noticing bubbling on the hood next to the passenger fender. No chips on the paint. The warranty says it has to be perforated from the inside. Do I have to wait for it to rust through before they will honour anything?
I would take pictures of it before the bubbles break open. If they do the dealer will just say they are rusty stone chips....happened to me and they refused to cover it....i would take it in and have them document the issue. Hopefully they will be nice and help you get it fixed

Kevin
Dieselducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:52   #22
Kristina

I've had both front fenders and rear hatch replaced by Don Valley VW and the fit & finish was great on all.
Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:04   #23
Toronto_Vento
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50/48/44

Going to a dealer can backfire as well. If they document it and decide that it isn't far enough along to warantee, they'll want YOU to repair it (and will mark it on your record). If you don't fix it and go back later, they'll say you didn't fix it as suggested and will not fix it for you.

Hoods will be tricky as they get a lot of abuse from the road. I have a clear sticker style bra which looks like arse as it's all scratched up....BUT, the front of the hood isn't bubbling either.

And I had both of my fenders replaced at Yorkdale VW. Paint matches perfectly, but I think they did blend the surrounding panels or something. There was some clearcoat overspray at the top of my front windows when I got it back. Took an orbital polisher and some rubbing compound and 5 min later all was good. They called a few days later and mentioned the issue, but said I fixed it myself as it would have been a hassle to get an appointment for 5 min of work.
Toronto_Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:43   #24
winks

Bramgate replaced both fenders and the hatch on our jwagon not too long ago.. No hassles, great paintjob...one good looking vw
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:55   #25
bruca003
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 850km

I have bubbling at bottom of my hatch. Clearly from inside as it has not punctured thru yet.
When I pulled off round plastic piece from side of hatch it was clear rust inside.
I'm a little worried to go in as they might decline. What's the procedure, I'm sure they will find something not to cover. As far as I know, these cars do not require rustproofing as per VW ??
Thanks.
bruca003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 16:47   #26
PduBerer
Veteran Member

Bruca003- these cars dont require rustproofing. As far as starting a claim, just go into a dealer and tell them you would like them to look at your car and start up a rust warranty claim. They go out and take pictures and send them to VW Canada, who then takes a couple weeks to let the dealer know if claim has been approved or not.

I picked up my golf yesterday afternoon from Bramgate VW and I was surprised at how nice the fit and finish of my drivers fender and hatch came out. Way better than i expected. They even fixed my trunk latch in the process free of charge (I supplied the latch). Only issue I have is my hatch switch from my drivers door doesnt work anymore, but theyre supposed to fix that this week.
PduBerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:31   #27
bruca003
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 850km

I walked in Saturday at the VW dealer but have to go back when the service manager is in. The advisor went on to tell me that the process has changed and takes much longer! I'll check back here when my claim is in process.
bruca003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:49   #28
IAMCIRE
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Bicycle
Fuel Economy: Burgers

Got my drivers fender replaced from RichmondHill VW last week. Great service and they matched the paint too!

Ugh, just yesterday was taking stuff out of the hatch and noticed its starting to rust there as well now.... Gonna have to make another trip back there...
IAMCIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:46   #29
TDIMcChanic

TDI(s): 02 Jetta

Just got my car back, had both fenders replaced! The paint match is great and it was only a day and a half turnaround time.
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:17   #30
s.pavel6
Veteran Member

What is the terms of this warranty? My 99.5 Jetta with 375k on it has rusting starting to develop on both fenders..