Factory door lock Don't disable Car Alarm

Just Some Guy

Veteran Member
Re: Factory door lock Don\'t disable Car Alarm

Originally posted by Flashman2:
On my 2000 TDI GLS when I unlock the door using the key lock. (Not using the Remote) The doors unlock but the Alarm is still active, and when I open the door the Alarm sounds. It’s the same when problem if I use my Valet Key.

Any Ideas ?

Gord.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When you turn the key to unlock once, and then again, are all the doors unlocking?

**DONOTDELETE**

I had this happen, the latch was replaced under warranty. My door wouldn't actually lock, but the alarm would arm. The new latch was quiet, didn't sound like an air rifle. Unfortunately, sounds like your useless B2B warranty may be up.

Flashman2

Veteran Member
Factory door lock Don\'t disable Car Alarm

On my 2000 TDI GLS when I unlock the door using the key lock. (Not using the Remote) The doors unlock but the Alarm is still active, and when I open the door the Alarm sounds. It’s the same when problem if I use my Valet Key.

Any Ideas ?

Gord.

Flashman2

Veteran Member

All the functions of the door lock work correctly. E.g. Turn the key to the Right and hold it the windows and Sunroof close. But when you unlock the door with a "KEY" the alarm does not De-Activate.

The car is out of warranty and I would like to correct this. I have a Bentley Manual and a Ross-Tech cable and software. Is there any way to help diagnose the problem?

msauve

Veteran Member

All the functions of the door lock work correctly. E.g. Turn the key to the Right and hold it the windows and Sunroof close.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's only _half_ the functions. When you turn the key to the left and hold it, do the windows open? There are a couple of switches in the lock mechanism which sense locking and unlocking - I'll bet the unlock switch on yours is bad.

Just Some Guy

Veteran Member

Originally posted by msauve:
[QBThat's only _half_ the functions. When you turn the key to the left and hold it, do the windows open? There are a couple of switches in the lock mechanism which sense locking and unlocking - I'll bet the unlock switch on yours is bad.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep.

msauve

Veteran Member

Getting the latch out is a bit involved, you need to remove the door panel, then the inner (steel) door panel to get to it. It would be best to have a service manual.

Flashman2

Veteran Member

I have a service manual, and I have had the door skin off but was unable to obtain access to the lock.

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow

You have to follow the manual. You have to remove the handle, the lock, wiring harness, etc. I was able to take apart my door lock and fix a broken soldered connection where the cable came in.