disable factory alarm with vagcom

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
i been searching and haven't came up with anything on how to disable the factory alarm with vag-com any one know how to do this

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
i read off ross-tech website on the 35 Central locking screen changing adaption value on or off, but there is no channels that say anything about alarm?

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
if you can't disable it is there a way to disable the horn without unpluging it for some reason if just a person talking next to my car the alarm will go off or if a loud truck drives by it will go off

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
if you can't disable it is there a way to disable the horn without unpluging it for some reason if just a person talking next to my car the alarm will go off or if a loud truck drives by it will go off
do you have an aftermarket alarm? maybe something is loose, haven't heard this particular complaint much here on the forum

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
do you have an aftermarket alarm? maybe something is loose, haven't heard this particular complaint much here on the forum
That's what I was thinking. Aftermarket unit. On the 2000/'01/'03 I've had, none of them had sensitive OEM alarms or could be set off w/o opening a door while locked.
I think you could drive a truck over mine w/o the alarm going off.

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
mine is oem the alarm sound is coming out of the horn next to the windshield wipers it goes off everyday

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
i haven't noticed is there a way to find out with vag-com just came in the mail yesterday so i'm still learning how to use it

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
this is what i noticed today when i open the doors the door open indicator does not light up but my interior lights come on when i open the doors and the chime turns on, my truck indicator seems to be working fine

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
this is what i noticed today when i open the doors the door open indicator does not light up but my interior lights come on when i open the doors and the chime turns on, my truck indicator seems to be working fine
There you go. Bad door switch. Do the indicator lights/interior lights not come on w/any door?
I have a bad switch on the front passenger door. If the car (the '03) is locked and then unlocked w/remote and then that door is opened and closed the car will relock itself because it doesn't get a signal that the door was opened.

zaathur

TDI
2000 jetta
the interior lights come on with every door that's what has me confused, just not noticing the indicator on the gauge cluster saying any door is open

Dieselfever78

TDI
01 Golf 1.9 TDi 5 speed
If the car is locked and then unlocked w/remote and then that door is opened and closed the car will relock itself because it doesn't get a signal that the door was opened.
Is there a way to disable that? Sometimes I unlock mine with the remote but don't get in right away and it locks itself back on me

-Michael

horsieclatter

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
i hate that relock feature. it's gonna screw me one day while I am attempting to get the kids & groceries loaded into the car