Free scheduled maintence

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
So got my 10k done and the dealer not the dealer I bought from tried to charge me for it. Actually did then I had the sticker in the glove that said 10k was free and made them credit my card. they tried really hard to not refund me but was pretty clear on the sticker. I feel like when I bought this 2015 new over the summer they said first 3 were free. Is that true or was it just the 10k

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Just the first one is free
.... and on my 2015 Golf it was free one time, but I only had way less than 10,000 miles. :eek:

... compared to my wife's 2015 Toyota RAV4 LIMITED she got 5 (?) free changes. Washed the car each time.:)

... she also got a ne battery. It crapped out at about 27-28 months.

... she paid for her 6th oil and filter change. Can't hurt the car. And it will look good on her CARFAX record, come time to individually sell it at the house .:D

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
free oil and tire rotation.

Dealer was kind enough to toss on winter tires and rims and place the summers in the trunk.

giuseppe_b

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen SE 6MT
Bobby, I also had a slightly misguided dealer response to my 10k last week. They mentioned the charge for the service and I told the, the first service is free. Hey said they ask sales about it, to see if that was part of the sale.
I called back later to schedule it and the service Mgr wasn’t aware of this either but when he pulls up my VIN he said my first three are covered.*
I later mentioned to the dealer manager that these folks didn’t know but the Inst covered service, and that is unfortunate.
I’ve had all previous VWs serviced here and the veteran service mgr who I knew well moved a few months back. New service advisor too. But my go-to tech was there and he did the work.
* I purchased the 20 and 30k services up front @ 0% financing purchase. Service manager made it seem like I purchased all three.
Also, when I purchased the care free maintenance they told me I would get a loaner car so there is no hassle with a shuttle o and from work. This guy did not know about that, and anyway all loaners were allocated to TDI fix customers.

AMDTDI

TDI
2015 GSW (M)
Called in at the dealer today to ask about 10k service. I was told it is the best part of $200 and when I showed them the window sticker claiming all servicing is included in purchase price up to 10k miles or 12 months, I was told the 10k service is only performed after 10k is reached and therefore is not covered. It appears a bit of a greasy practice to me and confirms my opinion of most dealerships. I only considered having them do it because the forecast for the next 10 days doesn't include a daytime high above freezing and my workshop is unheated!

manyVAGs

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Called in at the dealer today to ask about 10k service. I was told it is the best part of $200 and when I showed them the window sticker claiming all servicing is included in purchase price up to 10k miles or 12 months, I was told the 10k service is only performed after 10k is reached and therefore is not covered. It appears a bit of a greasy practice to me and confirms my opinion of most dealerships. I only considered having them do it because the forecast for the next 10 days doesn't include a daytime high above freezing and my workshop is unheated!
That is bulls..t. The first service at 10k is covered. It is on all of VW’s materials. I would contact VWoA and make a major stink.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
How many miles do you have on the car? I don't think I would ever go to that dealer for anything.

AMDTDI

TDI
2015 GSW (M)
That is bulls..t. The first service at 10k is covered. It is on all of VW’s materials. I would contact VWoA and make a major stink.
It is on all of VW's materials. I even read the window sticker to the local dealer, but they wouldn't budge. So I contacted VWoA and they confirmed that the 10k service is indeed included in the purchase, but said that "dealerships participate in this program at their discretion". All they could suggest is trying another dealer. This I did and the other dealer managed to perform the service this afternoon - a 30 mile drive, but it saved me doing it in 5F weather.

I would have been reluctant to let the original dealer perform the work - the post-sale prep work sheet had several items on it that they claimed were performed but that I am 100% sure were not performed. Either that or they can bleed brakes while leaving two year's worth of dust undisturbed on the calipers and match windshield wipers with new ones that have exactly the same bird s**t on them!

This_Fuggin_Guy

TDI
2015 GSW
When I purchased mine back in April, I was told I get the 10k, 20k, AND 30k oil changes for free. The sales lady stressed multiple times that it is the oil change ONLY, everything else involved in the service would be an additional charge. I have my 10k oil change schedule for this Saturday and I am fully anticipating them trying to charge me. When making the appointment, I stress, oil change ONLY.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
When I purchased mine back in April, I was told I get the 10k, 20k, AND 30k oil changes for free. The sales lady stressed multiple times that it is the oil change ONLY, everything else involved in the service would be an additional charge. I have my 10k oil change schedule for this Saturday and I am fully anticipating them trying to charge me. When making the appointment, I stress, free oil change ONLY.

I fixed that for you.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Is it any wonder why VW can't really brake into the US/Canadian mkt. All there competition beats the hell out of VW dealers with service and the car Co's offer better warranties. This yr they are getting it right with 6yrs and 75k Mile coverage. Should have been done yrs ago.

If the cars weren't so good they wouldn't sell any.