2.0cr tdi 140 cbdb

DkZ

TDI
Scirocco 2.0tdi 197bhp ( 140 stock )
Hello all,

Sorry for opening a new thread to ask this, but since i dont find the info that i want anywhere, i would like to ask you guys something...

i recently made a STAGE 1 remap on my Scirocco 2.0CR 140 CBDB engine (EA189 ) and i optained the following values:

[/url]

What i would like to ask is if anyone knows the max values of torque the stock clutch handle ? The dyno prensented 197.8BHP with 455NM ( stock had 147.6BHP with 342NM ) so i think the dyno is pretty accurate. the remap and the dyno tests were made on a Romanian tunning garage called Exilisis that are pretty known for good reasons in bucharest.

Until now the clutch didn't slip a single bit ( rolling for 5000km with the remap ), so i am just wondering how much it is capable of, to know if it will handle a future turbo swap for a BV43D.

Thanks you all !

Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
the problem is not slipping it is shudder.

I'm finding some of the 6-speeds start to have shudder issues at around 340-350 ft-lb below 2000 rpm in the top gears. YMMV of course. Depends on motor mounts condition too. With the torque peak as high RPM as yours is it may not be a problem till more torque. About 2500 rpm the cv joints believe it or not. Just have to try it and see

DkZ

TDI
So a BV43D ( 2.0TDI 190hp ) turbo will require a stronger clutch so i dont have shudder while driving right ?
Im aiming to reach 220-230 BHP that should produce something between 500-540nm( 370-400ft-lb ) ?

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Is the shudder from the clutch or the DMF? but granted if you change to a SMF you're changing the clutch as well.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Clutch slip is also a distinct possibility once torque exceeds 350 ft-lb. Mine was slipping at 350 ft-lb despite having plenty of friction material left. The pressure plate just didn't have adequate clamping force for that amount of twist.

DkZ

TDI
Well, i can be sure that i need to change the cluch for a stronger one to go further the values that i have right now, so far so good, but to be future proof i need to install something better.

Each are the type and brand of cluches that you guys can recommend for this engine for a maximum of 550NM?

Best Regards.

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Exelixis dyno is very optimistic. If you go to completechip you get 170 175hp max.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Well, i can be sure that i need to change the cluch for a stronger one to go further the values that i have right now, so far so good, but to be future proof i need to install something better.
Each are the type and brand of cluches that you guys can recommend for this engine for a maximum of 550NM?
Best Regards.
I would say Sachs SRE if you want to stay dmf. More options if you want smf- southbend, clutchmasters, probably a few more.

DkZ

TDI
Exelixis dyno is very optimistic. If you go to completechip you get 170 175hp max.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
You sure mate ? they run the car stock and it made 147cv... maybe a 10cv optimist but that's +/- normal in much of the dyno's

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Exelixis just like so many others alter the numbers, their dyno is sh*t , known to give huge numbers ;), big business

If you go to Completechip you get out crying after a dyno run. 430hp gave 387 @completechip..
Revo dyno gave me 217hp and 450Nm ..i only had like 190hp really on stage2 dpf off

Last edited:

DkZ

TDI
Exelixis just like so many others alter the numbers, their dyno is sh*t , known to give huge numbers ;), big business

If you go to Completechip you get out crying after a dyno run. 430hp gave 387 @completechip..
Revo dyno gave me 217hp and 450Nm ..i only had like 190hp really on stage2 dpf off
Well that is good to know, i will do a dyno run on completechip and i will let you guys know the real values then :)

HamBam

TDI
All
The cheapest and easiest way to tune a CBDB engine is to flash the original .sgo flash from the CBBB engine (GTD - 170hp).

You need to change the EGT-sensor from 03L906088JG to 03L906088BS. The CBDB Sensor will not work (different resistance).

Flash the ECU to 03L906022LC.

Then you can tune the 022LC (CBBB) File, but i recommend to change the Turbo to the bigger CBBB Turbo.
CBBB Turbo: 03L253056C.

You will get over 200hp with that Turbo and ECU Type. Why i know that? because i did it that way in the past ;)
You dont need to change the clutch, i used the stock CBDB clutch with 215hp and 420nm torque. (Its the same clutch like on the CBBB engine)

CBDB:

CBBB:

Last edited:

DkZ

TDI
The cheapest and easiest way to tune a CBDB engine is to flash the original .sgo flash from the CBBB engine (GTD - 170hp).

You need to change the EGT-sensor from 03L906088JG to 03L906088BS. The CBDB Sensor will not work (different resistance).

Flash the ECU to 03L906022LC.

Then you can tune the 022LC (CBBB) File, but i recommend to change the Turbo to the bigger CBBB Turbo.
CBBB Turbo: 03L253056C.

You will get over 200hp with that Turbo and ECU Type. Why i know that? because i did it that way in the past ;)
You dont need to change the clutch, i used the stock CBDB clutch with 215hp and 420nm torque. (Its the same clutch like on the CBBB engine
Thanks for the tips ! i will look forward to it but with a more recent turbo then the one that come on CBBB that is the BV43A if im not wrong ? i will go for a BV43D

Last edited:

DkZ

TDI
why spend money on that one when you can get cheap GTB1756 or GTB2260 and you are in a different league
My aim is only a Daily 220bhp engine, i think the GTB2260 is to big to have as a daily car... since you can only spool it in higher RPM's it gets annoying to drive in this traffic of Bucharest ...

GTB1756 produces 220hp on this engine ?

Last edited:

DkZ

TDI
2060vklr is what u need
Hmm, need to look at prices, what should i expect ?
you know if the exaust casing will fit or i'll need to adapt ?

Should i go for a bigger intercooler then stock for a daily prupose or is enough just the turbo swap ?

Sorry for this many questions but i dont know that much about how this engine handles this mod's.

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Your tuner should have clear ideas about the way to go.
Obviously you did not choose a good one with experience on tdi
Check Completechip or Dio ..both from Bucharest , they can take care of the complete setup wihout problems.
FMIC is the best way to go, 100€ a big one on tube &fins , light and effective, it's needed. Avoid bar&plate IC

DkZ

TDI
Your tuner should have clear ideas about the way to go.
Obviously you did not choose a good one with experience on tdi
Check Completechip or Dio ..both from Bucharest , they can take care of the complete setup wihout problems.
FMIC is the best way to go, 100€ a big one on tube &fins , light and effective, it's needed. Avoid bar&plate IC
I dont have any tuner, i just made a stage on elixiris and that's it, i dont like to go that much by the tuner opinions at first hand.
I like to check the market and more importantly, to check the people that already did the changes and have experience with, then, when i know everything that i need +/- i search for a guy that have knowledge to install those parts and tune them the best waym, in that moment i ask for an opinion to correlate with what i learn on the "already done" projects...

Unfortunantly here in romania i still dont have trust in anybody to take care of my car 100%

Last edited:

Macradiators.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 CR 360hp
Thats why i did everything myself, the complete engine-turbo setup-exhaust, trust nobody.
It happens that to save a buck or 2 , people build their cars the wrong way.
The tuner then gets a sh*t car to work on , he doesnt know anything about, happens often.

Dragos from Completechip is totally reliable, doesnt mess around. Also Eric from Dio, at least you can talk to them if you wanna map the car with them.

They already know what works and what doesnt, they can give you direction to go and inspect the car to see if done right.

DkZ

TDI
Thats why i did everything myself, the complete engine-turbo setup-exhaust, trust nobody.
It happens that to save a buck or 2 , people build their cars the wrong way.
The tuner then gets a sh*t car to work on , he doesnt know anything about, happens often.

Dragos from Completechip is totally reliable, doesnt mess around. Also Eric from Dio, at least you can talk to them if you wanna map the car with them.

They already know what works and what doesnt, they can give you direction to go and inspect the car to see if done right.
As long as im decided to do it and to invest, i will try to reach Dragos from Completechip ;), again, thanks for the tips :D

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
If anyone needs an upgraded clutch, the best on the market is Helix.
I have done 55k Miles, nearly 100,000Km, with Helix 6 Paddle with DMF running 255bhp and 400+ft lb. I track and drag my car a lot and it was daily driver.

You can get an organic plate version which is less aggressive and feels more OEM and is used in many TFSI cars over 400ft lb without issue.

I got mine from AKS Tuning , I know they will ship world wide.

DkZ

TDI
If anyone needs an upgraded clutch, the best on the market is Helix.
I have done 55k Miles, nearly 100,000Km, with Helix 6 Paddle with DMF running 255bhp and 400+ft lb. I track and drag my car a lot and it was daily driver.
You can get an organic plate version which is less aggressive and feels more OEM and is used in many TFSI cars over 400ft lb without issue.
I got mine from AKS Tuning , I know they will ship world wide.
Good to know from you mate, since both of us own "twin" brother's ! ill keep it in mind for further modifications on mine ! thanks