can I fill the adBlue tank myself on 2009 treg

john brenner

TDI
2003 tdi jetta,2009 tdi touareg
Right now I am stuck going to dealer, has to be a way of filling adblue tank. Any one find a way of doing it yourself?

john brenner

TDI
2003 tdi jetta,2009 tdi touareg
Ok the Kruse bottles work but they are almost thirty dollars. And Kruse makes a filler hose that fits on adblue tank. I am guessing the other end only fits Kruse disposable containers. The video said you could make shift the bottle into a funnel. Looks like a spill in the making. Is the fitting on treg tank standard to all adblue tanks or a vw bastard. I would like to make a hose set up so if there is a spill its out side the car. buy the kruse bottle fit the spill proof top to a hose and have a large funnel to feed adblue into hose out side the car. Kruse wants 180 dollars for two foot hose. LOL

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
You buy a bottle of DEF from VW. You use up the DEF from that bottle and then either figure out a way to refill it or you cut off the bottom of it and use it as a funnel.

You can read the DEF tank level with VCDS (at least on the cars, not sure about the SUVs).

You only have to service the DEF tank every 10,000 miles. Spillage can be overcome with plastic bags and duct tape which you install/remove each time you service the DEF tank.

DEF=ADBLUE

Bill