2001 Golf TDI fender interchangeable with Cabrio?

FstrMnky

TDI
None
Hi all,

I searched but didn't find an answer to this:
I'm looking for a passenger fender in Silver for my dear Golf & found a silver cabrio fender within driving distance. Does someone has access to, or can point me to, a source to check if the two share the same fender part number & please chime in on this? Do I need anything besides the fender itself. My sidemarker is fine, fender is dented & creased with cracked paint.

Need a manual, heated passenger mirror too as mine is destroyed �� Suppose the same question applies there, too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
I don't think they do. I've only ever seen MKIII cabrios around. Unsure if they imported MKIV cabrios. Golf's in general are hard to find front end parts for. Almost never see them at the wrecking yards down here. The mirrors should be the same with a jetta though.

FstrMnky

TDI
None
Thanks NeroMorg, that helps with the mirror. Not having that mirror makes you realize how much you use it!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I have 3 places for you to look:
www.car-part.com
vwvortex regional forums (there is also a MKIV classified).
craigslist

I replaced 3 fenders and a hood in the correct original colors using those sources.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
They certainly look similar. Car-Part.com has one of the best data bases you can find, they know which parts fit on what. But the site can be hard to navigate, try several model searches to see what vehicles come up, ie search for an 01 Golf fender, see what comes up.