Car for parts :(

hussainm

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Hey all, first off this forum has been a Godsend. I bought my first car (2000 MK4 Jetta) because of you folks. I sold it to my brother once I left Canada and he's enjoyed it ever since.

Unfortunately, it may now be a scrap car. The damage is quite small (passenger side door, fender, and some suspension components) but everything else is in great shape.

I need to decide whether to buy back the car and sell it for parts to you folks and want to gauge interest to see if it is worth doing. It has some great upgrades and the engine runs strong (first start every time even in winter) even after just clocking 400K on it. I've got a list if you'd like to see it. It includes things like an upgraded BW S7 Turbo (85K on it), upgraded intercooler piping, upgraded intake manifold, flow through double resonator 2" exhaust, boost and temp gauges, custom LED trunk lighting, European light switch... etc. Can send a full list if you PM me.

The exterior is navy blue and the interior is tan. It has working heated seats and a sunroof, and the leather is in PRISTINE condition. I kept good care of this car as did it's previous owner. I have kept logs of its maintenance since I've owned it, and my brother can probably fill in the blanks since then. He hasn't put many kms on it since he bought it so I don't think there will be much. He is as meticulous as I am about cars and has cared for it well too.

Please do let me know if this is something people are interested in. I've never parted out a car and am not sure how it will go or how to do it. I wanted to see if people are actually interested to see if it is worth doing.

Thanks for the support everyone.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Do yo have room to keep a half disassembled car out of the neighbor's eyes? Do you have time (lot's of time) on hand to wait to sell most of it? Do you have time to take it all apart and then sell it? Do yo have room to keep all the removed parts and the ability to ship them if needed?

6oh

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Sedan / 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hey hussainm,

Just for reference, i sold my daily driver last fall with VERY similar traits... navy, with pristine tan leather interior, '03 ALH sedan, 392K. Had clear coat coming off most everywhere, but very minimal rust. Unknown clutch to fix (had seized up on me), and an upcoming timing belt talked me out of keeping it, and was lucky enough to find a unicorn-to-me wagon. Most of the stuff was stock, other than the fuel injectors.

With all that, sold it for $800, and with a ton of interest, almost felt like i could have gotten close to $1K. Guy didnt want it as a parts car, but to get it going again with his handy work. Hopefully that helps possibly position in in your mind for a similar car.

Last edited: