OttoStadt MotorWerks taking service appointments! Ottawa/Gatineau area

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Mother still plans on getting her Golf next week. Timing belt and the airbag/engine light servicing as we talked about.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Let me know Jason, getting booked for next week but depending on when she gets it i might be able to squeeze you in, if not beginning of the next for sure.

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Let me know Jason, getting booked for next week but depending on when she gets it i might be able to squeeze you in, if not beginning of the next for sure.
I think the girl said she needs it until the 23rd or 24th. Will let you know as soon as things are finalized.

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Just want to post my experience with David at OttoStadt.

He did my timing belt (3rd), replaced rear axle bushings, windshield, radiator and odds and ends.

The TB job was done right, kit with Conti belt, he kept all the removed parts and we went over them afterwards.

I appreciated his openness and the flexibility with the appointment/pickup etc. Prices are competitive and you get what you pay for. Any issues that cropped up were promptly fixed.

Highly recommended, and I now have a new TDI guru that is "almost" local and gets my business.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Thanks Martin!

Btw I forgot to mention you had the old "always replace" fuel pump sprocket bolts, i replaced them for the newer non-replace version.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
For reference, here's a picture of the kit used on an ALH TDI, long life continental (119M) belt used with INA rollers and GEBA metal impellered water pump. NOTE: after belt replacement pump timing is adjusted with the help of VCDS.

All bolts replaced (3 engine mount bracket bolts, 4 engine mount bolts, pump sprocket bolts also replaced if found to be old style stretch bolts)

VW ALH special TB tools on hand (BEW/BRM/BKW also pictured also applies to CRs)

Jlaasf

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Another positive dealing with David.

Will continue to use him for bigger jobs!

TDI
04 BEW Golf
New e-commerce part of my website now up including new products!

I also have someone dedicated to it now too so products are getting added and shipped daily. :)

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Well, it's finally official, I now have a commercial shop, including brand new hoists (being installed this wednesday), waiting room and all.

I updated the Contact page on my website, here's the new address:

670 Auguste Mondoux Unit 3
Gatineau (Aylmer), Qc
J9J 3K3
(819) 205-6904

I moved all my equipment over friday and yesterday and now i'm working on setting up properly (including painting and some renos) should be fully operational by next friday...

Will post pictures as I go... Here are the before pictures: (used to be a paving company)

Future waiting room:

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
thats great news David !! Looks fantastic - a little more room than your previous loc'n ?!

TDI
04 BEW Golf

See http://osmw.ca/ for infos!

I'm also running a 10% off referral fee promo. Refer a friend he/she gets 10% off their first invoice you get 10% off your next!

Ordering a new tire machine/balancer tomorrow to be ready for tire season!

Hogo52

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
I had David do a timing belt, cam & lifters on my car earlier this month while I was down in Ottawa. Dropped my car off early Sat morning, and picked it up in the evening to drive back to Toronto. Everything runs great and he replaces all the recommended parts. I especially appreciate how he'll keep your old parts for you to go over with you when you come to pick it up. If you're in the Ottawa/Gatineau area or headed there for a weekend check him out.

Hope the shop's progressing with your plans David, post some pics here to keep us updated.

Seann

Morreale

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
Would strongly recommend David and OttoStadt.

David diagnosed some MAF/Turbo actuator problems on my golf, fixed them, my brakes and did an oil change.

Very reasonable prices, friendly service, and knowledgable re diagnostics as I suspect a less knowledgable mechanic would have sought to replace the entire turbo.

Will be going back for all service for the golf!

Quanger

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 ALH TDi
Hey Dave, I calculated my retirement plan yesterday and bad news dude! Just kidding. Definitely recommend OSM for your tdi needs.
Did Marek ever give you that slide hammer?