No air coming from vents

dallmke

TDI
2015 Passat TDI
Going to take to the dealership on Wednesday morning after a 30-40 minute drive to show them this isn't a figment of our imagination. Hopefully they will find something.

dallmke

TDI
2015 Passat TDI
An update on the HVAC problem. My wife took advantage of an appointment to change out the Takata airbag by driving the 40 minutes it usually takes for the HVAC to quit working. Sure enough, right on schedule, the air flow stops at the 40 minute mark and she drives straight to dealership. Huh! No air. Just like you said. (Why don't service managers believe their customers?) This has been going on for over a year - maybe two by now. Sorry rant. Back to the story.

After some calling to Germany (or wherever you call), they found an HVAC software update and installed. Wife and daughter went to Chicago for a prom dress this week (about 3 hours each way - don't ask) and HVAC worked flawlessly. Not claiming victory yet and will keep you posted, but the best start yet.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
An update on the HVAC problem. My wife took advantage of an appointment to change out the Takata airbag by driving the 40 minutes it usually takes for the HVAC to quit working. Sure enough, right on schedule, the air flow stops at the 40 minute mark and she drives straight to dealership. Huh! No air. Just like you said. (Why don't service managers believe their customers?) This has been going on for over a year - maybe two by now. Sorry rant. Back to the story.

After some calling to Germany (or wherever you call), they found an HVAC software update and installed. Wife and daughter went to Chicago for a prom dress this week (about 3 hours each way - don't ask) and HVAC worked flawlessly. Not claiming victory yet and will keep you posted, but the best start yet.
Good that you got yours fixed but considering your car isn't a MK4 it's kinda moot... I'm not trying to be a d!ck but it's not even close to helping...

To the OP if you have the normal 3 knob setup I don't think it has anything to do with software...it's all cable controlled

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Yeah I was wondering about that too... Was pretty certain our HVAC was all a dumb system, minus the climatronics. But those weren't standard in TDI's... yet.

Something to consider, the cables may have fallen off or partially detached from the controller side. That white plastic that holds it all together can get brittle over the years. Just changed the one in my dad's car, but that's because the fan speed switch started melting. Whoops.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual

This needs posted in the correct forum. Very helpful info.

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
Mine has been working fine lately. Probably wait until it is hot as hell then start doing it again.

ebrooker007

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 wagon 5 speed
The gremlin has returned. Air stops coming from the vents. I didn’t end up replacing the blower because I can hear it running just no air from the vents