Throttle Body/ASV giving codes

likediesel

TDI
2006 vw jetta 5speed manual
Hi All, [FONT=&quot]I have been having trouble with codes on the Throttle Control Module/ASV on My MRK5 BRM. With great Reservation and on the dealer’s advice I have replaced the module. No surprise but it is still throwing codes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When this originally started (3 months ago) the vehicle would very occasionally default to Idle speed only (no power). This has not happened for a couple of months now. Other than the engine light coming on, the vehicle runs fine with both new and old part installed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1)Does this module need to be relearned with VAG Com? Ross Tech states a procedure in a youtube video. But at the end of video it says not for diesels' because diesels do not have a throttle body. I beg to differ P/N 03G128063A.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2)The OBDII codes it throws are typically P2101 and or P2112. The engine light will only come on the second time that the car is started and the code is thrown a second time. I believe this is normal computer operation. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What is very strange is that while revving in neutral the car will throw no codes to the computer. However when a drive load is applied and revved it immediately throws a code to the computer. This is observed on OBDII hand held tool. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Could this be a restricted air intake issue, or another sensor somewhere? Does anyone know where I should look?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What I have done so Far:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-visually Inspected connectors: throttle pedal, ECM, Throttle Valve.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Pinned and inspected wiring from Throttle valve to firewall (5V, continuity, Isolation all OK).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Wiggled wiring in engine bay while assistant looked for engine light to turn on. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-cleaned some random grounds near the terminal box by battery.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-re wracked all fuses and relays in engine compartment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-Replaced the Throttle Valve/ASV (P/N 03G128063A). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks to all for the many other tricks I have learned from here. I am sure I am not the first to deal with this issue but this one has got me stuck. Any thoughts appreciated.. Thanks in advance
[/FONT]

likediesel

TDI
2006 vw jetta 5speed manual
Solved....

1) The ASV module was replaced and it did not throw a code. Weather it needs to be relearned or not i don't know.

2)Regardless that I had earlier pinned out the ASV to ECM wiring as ok. At the lowest point of the engine harness near the battery there were 20 wires that the insulation was worn through and many were shorting together. Wires there were covered in oil and carbon that normally drips from the intake tubing. We found the location with a scan tool by continually hitting read codes while tugging on the harness. Insulated, re-routed and provided protection from oil. Very lucky the PCM was not damaged. I would highly recommend that anyone with this vehicle go there and inspect that area as a preventative. This appears to be common as there is a you tube video circulating with the exact same problem. The repair took me 6-8 hours of labor.
Good luck