www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old September 1st, 2018, 05:54   #1996
oldhifi
Veteran Member

Looks like they found you out...
oldhifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:31   #1997
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): golf

https://buybackclaims.com/
Jkhalil123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:44   #1998
Jkhalil123

TDI(s): golf

i just received email from. Allan@buybackclaims.com. in the email he said we just waiting until deadline 09/2018
Jkhalil123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 09:24   #1999
Radek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkhalil123 View Post
i just received email from. Allan@buybackclaims.com. in the email he said we just waiting until deadline 09/2018
Same here

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 14:19   #2000
E2Tdi

We have retained a law firm and are proceeding with legal action to make VW meet the terms and conditions of the original settlement agreement. Our case is on contingent basis, you don't pay unless you recover.

Send me a PM or email me at dieselbuyback@gmail.com if you interested in participating.
E2Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 14:50   #2001
duratitus
Veteran Member

^^^ Are you associated with buybackclaims.com?
duratitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2018, 17:01   #2002
E2Tdi

No we are not associated with buybackclaims.com
E2Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 04:14   #2003
Kaly

TDI(s): Jetta

Hi I just found this forum thanks for posting my Jetta tdi Was declined and i appealed the decision over 2 months ago Iím wondering how long did it take for you to get the decision thanks in advance
Kaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2018, 09:52   #2004
duratitus
Veteran Member

From what I've seen it looks like CRC descisions can take as long as 1 year, although I expect that most 2.0 CRC appeals will be completed before December 1st, since December 30th is the deadline for claims to be completed under the 2.0 settlement.

The appeal I sent in to the CRC took 11 months.......

Last edited by duratitus; September 3rd, 2018 at 10:05.
duratitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 16:59   #2005
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Week of June 16th received confirmation that my 11 Touareg salvage title was eligible for buyback.

Week of June 23rd initiated a new claim in the portal, initial offer included 1/2 restitution.

Week of August 13th received written offer, NO restitution.

Now, a year after the CRC got my package it's time to send in notarized paperwork and schedule buyback.
__________________________________________________ ________

Attempted vehicle return on 8/30/18, drove vehicle 100 miles. Started video process to return car...No Start, end of attempt. Fought with VW for an hour stating no where in their literature did ut say "Must Start" under its own power, only that it must be driven.

Drove home, left vehicle as round trip would have put me into next mileage bracket.

Returned the next day. Again, No start and on top of that not enough power to even pop the thing open. VW dealership broke in and I pulled the battery and bought the cheapest I could find at Autozone. $60 later the thing started and i sailed through the process in about 15 minutes.

9/4, email from Chase stating funds were ready for EFT.

ALMOST done!

Hoping that the restitution will follow.

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:12   #2006
CalGuy

TDI(s): Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psd1 View Post
Week of June 16th received confirmation that my 11 Touareg salvage title was eligible for buyback.
Week of June 23rd initiated a new claim in the portal, initial offer included 1/2 restitution.
Week of August 13th received written offer, NO restitution.
Now, a year after the CRC got my package it's time to send in notarized paperwork and schedule buyback.
__________________________________________________ ________
Attempted vehicle return on 8/30/18, drove vehicle 100 miles. Started video process to return car...No Start, end of attempt. Fought with VW for an hour stating no where in their literature did ut say "Must Start" under its own power, only that it must be driven.
Drove home, left vehicle as round trip would have put me into next mileage bracket.
Returned the next day. Again, No start and on top of that not enough power to even pop the thing open. VW dealership broke in and I pulled the battery and bought the cheapest I could find at Autozone. $60 later the thing started and i sailed through the process in about 15 minutes.
9/4, email from Chase stating funds were ready for EFT.
ALMOST done!
Hoping that the restitution will follow.
Can you tell us why this car was rejected in the first place?
Thanks
CalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 10:01   #2007
2010TDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
That sucks. Did they not offer you a jump so that you could show that it runs, or was it that they were sticking to it has to start by itself too (hence the argument)? This seems like another of those issues that was ignored last year but they are being picky/sticky now (whether right or wrong).
2010TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2018, 14:14   #2008
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TDI View Post
That sucks. Did they not offer you a jump so that you could show that it runs, or was it that they were sticking to it has to start by itself too (hence the argument)? This seems like another of those issues that was ignored last year but they are being picky/sticky now (whether right or wrong).
This was an "issue" since first day closing were done through virtual iPad thing. They want to make sure car starts on its own, no boosters or jumps.

I spoke to a truck driver that was picking up buybacks from the dealership. He told me their contract does not allow them to jump any cars that they pick up. If it doesnt start, they are supposed to leave them. This is for insurance reasons in case something gets burned during jump start.
TDIforDays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 05:26   #2009
WISCO

Quote:
I took no chances turning in my Touareg that had been sitting for 1 1/2 years and had a questionable battery. Just left it to idle while I went inside to start the paper work.
WISCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02   #2010
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalGuy View Post
Can you tell us why this car was rejected in the first place?
Thanks
Salvage title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TDI View Post
Yes, no start, no return. Even though it was running on the drive and they witnessed it move under its own power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
This was an "issue" since first day closing were done through virtual iPad thing. They want to make sure car starts on its own, no boosters or jumps.
I spoke to a truck driver that was picking up buybacks from the dealership. He told me their contract does not allow them to jump any cars that they pick up. If it doesnt start, they are supposed to leave them. This is for insurance reasons in case something gets burned during jump start.
Lady doing my buy back said that jumping them off is a normal part of the process when they are being moved from their storage area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCO View Post
I took no chances turning in my Touareg that had been sitting for 1 1/2 years and had a questionable battery. Just left it to idle while I went inside to start the paper work.
Was this a recent return with the video or prior to?

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote