Locked torque converter

bobannavw

TDI
2001 Jetta & 2005 Passat
I have a locked up torque converter. Have had it in a few times to service and after reseting the fault it works for about a week. Car has no power particularly on hills. Last time a small item was replaced called a clutch. Has anyone else had this experience as it cost me $90 each time and the problem is not solved. Thanks

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Hi, Bob. Welcome to Fred's. Do you know what kind of car it is? Model year? How many miles (kms)? Transmission rebuilt yet?

bobannavw

TDI
2001 Jetta & 2005 Passat
bobannavw said:
I have a locked up torque converter. Have had it in a few times to service and after reseting the fault it works for about a week. Car has no power particularly on hills. Last time a small item was replaced called a clutch. Has anyone else had this experience as it cost me $90 each time and the problem is not solved. Thanks

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Hi, Bob. Welcome to Fred's. Do you know what kind of car it is? Model year? How many miles (kms)? Transmission rebuilt yet? :)

bobannavw

TDI
2001 Jetta & 2005 Passat
The car is a 2001 jetta with 286000k but replaced trans with a wrecker trans at 225000. The replacement trans came from a rearended car with 38000k. Thank you