www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Eastern USA

Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the Eastern USA. (Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, DC. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)

Old January 30th, 2018, 07:31   #1
Coolfax

Default DC Metro Area recommended dealerships for recall work?

There are a couple recalls out there for TDIs. Can anyone recommend a DC area dealership to have these recall services performed?
Coolfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 10:47   #2
Cptcrnch
Veteran Member

I had good success with King VW in Gaithersburg (Montgomery County) MD when it came to recalls. I wouldn't use them for regular repair work (typical stealership prices) but for recalls they always did a fine job.
Old January 30th, 2018, 13:31   #3
Coolfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptcrnch View Post
I had good success with King VW in Gaithersburg (Montgomery County) MD when it came to recalls. I wouldn't use them for regular repair work (typical stealership prices) but for recalls they always did a fine job.
Many thanks for the reply. I'll give them a call.

I see you had a 2014 Golf TDI that you sold back to VW. I'm considering either having the engine update performed or selling my 2010 Golf TDI back to VW. It's got 146k miles, I really like the car. Do you know anyone who's had the fix done? I'm wondering how it affects performance, mileage, and lifespan of the vehicle.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Coolfax; January 30th, 2018 at 13:36.
Coolfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 15:32   #4
Cptcrnch
Veteran Member

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=481331

Most everyone I knew took the buyback. The thread above should give you the info you're looking for. I was planning on keeping the car but then got engaged and had to pay for a wedding. So VW paid for it lol. The warranty after the fix is pretty sweet if you decide to keep it.