ISO: B4 Passat Wagon or 1999-2003 Jetta Wagon

southforsunshine

TDI
2003 Jetta GL Sedan
Looking for the right car in the next 30-60 days. Currently on the east coast but I'm headed west, where the car will live. Willing to travel for the right car. I have a 16 hour commute once per week and I'm looking for something that was as reliable as my old Jetta (that I wish I hadn't sold!)

Finding a lot of beat B4's in the $2000 range... I'm looking in the $4000-$7000 range, perhaps more if it's the right car. I can't take on a total project right now and that's all a $2000 car is going to be, BUT I will hear all offers. Taking into consideration we're discussing a 20-some year old car, I am still hoping to find something I can climb into and go without requiring major repair before even making it 80 miles towards home after the test drive (ask me how I know!)

I could care less if it's a VR6 swap, so long as it's all done right. I need mechanically strong, low miles is good, maintenance records (esp major maintenance and oil), good compression, etc. Paint and finish I could care less so long as it isn't rusted to hell. If it has electric demons I don't want it. And if you smoked in it enough for there to be any kind of odor it won't meet our criteria.

I would also consider a Jetta wagon, pre 03, 5 speed.

I've wanted a B4 wagon for a decade but my life never dictated the need for such a vehicle. Now I need it and I'm PUMPED! I want a car to keep for a decade.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
SfS, If you are interested in that car in Little Neck, my 23 yo, mechanically inclined son in that area and might be able to put an initial set of eyes on it for you. He is familiar with
TDI's.

R.A.R

TDI
Current: Silver 2012 Touareg TDI Executive. Gone:1996 White Passat B4, 1996 Green Passat B4, 2002 Gold Euro-Spec Passat B5, 2014 Passat TDI SEL
Absolutely STAY AWAY from nicecars inc. Do some research on them on the forum. I haven't logged in here for a year but last I knew, they had multiple lawsuits against them and tons of ripped off customers. Whatever you do, try to stay away from their cars and the ones they've worked on. I'm sure more people will back me up on this.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
R.A.R.
Do you remember the B4 east Coast Guy to stay away from also? I think he was a CL guy.

R.A.R

TDI
Current: Silver 2012 Touareg TDI Executive. Gone:1996 White Passat B4, 1996 Green Passat B4, 2002 Gold Euro-Spec Passat B5, 2014 Passat TDI SEL
Sorry but no I don't remember his name, I remember other red flags coming from a guy in Raleigh North Carolina but that's about it. I'll send you a PM.