00575, n75 limp mode

borntofli

TDI
1998 jetta tdi
98 jetta, have replaced all vacuum lines including one inside ecu/ecm... Was getting limp mode accelerating fairly hard on flat ground, now w/ new vacuum hoses get limp mode when accelerating hard up a hill or extended highway cruising up a long hill....

My intake is clogged up fairly bad, so could this be causing limp mode??? The n75 and the turbo actuator gizmo are fairly cheap, should I just replace both????

I have a new clean manifold to put on, should I just invest the time and do it and replace both gizmos???

sorry for my terminology, but the part name escapes me..

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I’d do the intake first, since you have it. Why throw money at a problem?

It likely won’t fix the issue... I’ve seen them restricted down to .5”, with no codes thrown. Be aware that the head may be clogged also. That requires utmost care, to prevent chunks from keeping valves open and damaging the engine.

Last time I did both, I saw/felt no benefit.

-Todd

borntofli

TDI
1998 jetta tdi
I have a vag-com.... what group should i monitor while driving and recreating this problem ??? Is limp mode just the computer shutting down the turbo???

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
As far as your limp mode, you need to know what boost levels you are getting.
Your waste gate actuator could be bad, boost leak possible, or the boost line into the ECU is bad connected. 1st time i did the ECU i found it had leaked because its SO SMALL and difficult to get the clamps on properly.

dont touch the intake unless you are prepared to clean the heads intake valves. there are members who have had engines get destroyed because a cleaned head allows more flow into a head intake port that still has a lot left in it and that brakes loss and hurts the engine BAD>
its not a hard job, just a bit of work and its not plesent.
upgrade to a pd130 or pd150 with an egr delete or swapable egr depending on what you want.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
Nothing wrong with cleaning the intake just as a matter of good practice. Next, I'd test the actuator then the N75. Do those then see how it acts.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Nothing wrong with cleaning the intake just as a matter of good practice.
yea if you want to blow up your engine
you must clean the intake runners on the head too, if its really bad,