Engine fault

Gleidis

TDI
Golf Mk5 1.9 tdi
I have changed the engine of my golf Mk5 1.9 tdi,yesterday the car was running perfectly good ,today while driving it run of and the glow plug flashing engine fault,what it can be ? Now i have also the engine check light on,please give me a solution what it can be ? ...Thank you

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
what it can be ?
Unfortunately, it could be many different things. With the information given it is impossible to know what is wrong. Therefore it is impossible to know how to fix it.

The first thing we need is more information. The car will have stored fault codes. The car must be scanned and those fault codes read. A generic ODBII scanner might give us enough information to be helpful, but a full scan from a VW specific scanner (like VCDS, ODBeleven, etc) will give even more information.

All the check engine light tells you is that the car has some information for you. You need to learn whatever the car knows about what went wrong. If we knew what fault codes are present, we might be able to help you fix your car.

Have Fun!

Don

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
As posted in your other thread, there are several dozen things it can be... the only way to know is to have your car scanned with a VW-specific scanner. :)

Gleidis

TDI
Golf Mk5 1.9 tdi
Hello guys,
First of all thank you for your opinions and for helping me ,i just put my car into a scanner and they said the car might have nothing just after the replacing of the engine you need to erase all the fault codes and synchronized all the sensor and they did that to my car and i test my caf and it runs perfectly no signals ,it didnt die while driving , i think that the problem is solved ,i hope.
Thank you

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yup, a great idea to clear all the codes and see if any come back.

The flashing glowplug light codes are all fairly serious, so if it does come back it will be great to know that you started with no codes.

Hopefully it all works out for you!

Gleidis

TDI
Golf Mk5 1.9 tdi
I think that the sensor after the replacement of the engine read it like a defect and block the air or the fuel and the car stop in my opinion now i have to ride for 120 km hope no getting stuck in the road.If it will die while driving it starts again with no problem but the problem is that i have to drive in highway.

Last edited:

Gleidis

TDI
Golf Mk5 1.9 tdi
Guys,when i start the car in the morning normally its cold and i started driving and happen the same symptoms glow plug flashing engine fault..then i turn on the car in placr not driving and just waited that the temperature goes to 90 and then i start drivng for 120 km without ang problem ,so the problem occurs when the car its cold ,what it can be a sensor ?

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you're still getting the flashing glow plug light there should be codes set..you will likely need a VW-specific scanner to read them.

Otherwise all you can do is guess which of the 15 reasons for the light is the right one... .could be a sensor malfunction but there are lots of other possibilities.

Sorry, but there's no other easy way to track this down other than find a proper scanner... the car knows what's wrong and is trying to tell you. :) :)

Gleidis

TDI
Golf Mk5 1.9 tdi
Nah someone blame me ...the new engine waste coolant it is a leak inside the engine i will replace it with another..Bad luck��