VCDS VAG-COM Locator

robtechno

TDI
2015 Golf 2.0 TDI.Sport wagen 53K. Previously a Jetta 06 with 205K. A5-BRM,
Please start another thread if your intention is to make money off others using your tool. I do the leg work to maintain the map and would like others to be certain they can come here for assistance without being charged. Thank you.
To charge or not to charge, that is the question.
We all no know the story of the Sun, that one is free. But investing in tools and helping others out should be for free but to give the helping hand a pack of good bears and a paid lunch is still cheaper than a diagnostic run at any VAG delaer.

You don't have to give'm a hundred but 20 bucks is nice. He probably will say no and otherwise pay him a lunch and he will be happy.

robtechno

TDI
Any one in Up state NY, near Albany or in Western Mass.
Thanks.

BBB129

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon BHW 2004 Jetta 5 spd BEW - 99.5 jetta 5 speed - 1982 Mercedes 300D Manual 4 spd
Hey Guys, I've read a little bit, and looked at all sorts of lists, I'm in phoenix and looking to have a code or two cleared on my 04 BEW tdi jetta. Any help? or know anybody in the area, million strong there's gotta be somebody in phoenix metro

JetterBug

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Manual 2001 Jetta GLS TDI Manual 2004 Beetle GLS TDI DSG 2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Turin, GA (just south of Atlanta)
Hex+Can Still learning but will share what few things I know/tools I have
PM here or email: alton.mann@gmail.com

Saphauler

TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5-speed, 2011 Sportwagen 6-speed
I have a HEX+CAN. Rookie.
Near Portsmouth, NH 03801

Altavek

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Western SC or NC VAG-COM?

Firstly, newb to the forum.

Anyone in western SC or NC with a VAG-COM? New owner of a 2012 Jetta TDI here.

Also, I was looking for a local VW/TDI group too

robtechno

TDI
Any one near Albany NY

Hi, I am looking for a mechanic in Upstate NY, Western CT, Western Mass or South East VT. Need work on my 06 Jetta TDI. Front wheel bearing hubs and gearwheel rotors. My tools are still in CO.

Thank you for the updates.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Need someone in/around San Jose, CA, to VagCom my B4V to try to find clues to highly elusive problem.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Anyone's thoughts on using a snap on scanner or is VCDS the only way to go?
The snap-on scanner works well (with the VW adapter), but it is much more expensive. Plus the snap-on requires annual updates (I believe) and these are not cheap either. VCDS has free updates for ever. Therefore, VCDS is not the only way to go, but it is the best way to go (unless you already own the snap-on).

Have Fun!

Don

Lock_t

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 5spd 221k
The snap-on scanner works well (with the VW adapter), but it is much more expensive. Plus the snap-on requires annual updates (I believe) and these are not cheap either. VCDS has free updates for ever. Therefore, VCDS is not the only way to go, but it is the best way to go (unless you already own the snap-on).

Have Fun!

Don
Thanks a ton man much appreciated!!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
USB HEX+CAN. Bandera County, TX (NE of San Antonio)

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
USB MKII cable...the one for older VW and Audi's

Hampton Roads VA...im always going from one side to the other so if you need it PM me...

VCDS is legit...but you have to be careful, if you don't know what you are doing you can make some very expensive mistakes.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
USB micro-CAN for the 2005 and up models purchased right from Ross-Tech

20871 Montgomery County MD.

If you prefer to meet at a public place we can meet at any fire station in the county. I just got it so I won't be much help in the advice department but intend to start learning pretty quickly.

Last edited:

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
E8C2E5
Dalhousie NB Canada
michael.mackenzie@live.com

Hex+Can USB

Ross-Tech is great I had paid $99 for lite for about 4 years... and they deducted that price off my new cable... that's awesome... hopefully I won't regret adapting the Hex-Net cable... maybe I should have just got it...

Also the map seems to be down.

eurocab

TDI
2004 Passat, 2010 Audi Q7
Look for someone to help in Northeast Atlanta

Anyone in Northeast Atlanta willing to help out. My 2004 Passat TDI will not crank. I have replaced battery, fuel filter and checked to make sure lift pump is working. I am not sure what my next step would be. I probably will buy a vag-com as I also have a 2010 Q7 which is no longer under warranty. I would like to see one in action first and willing to trade a couple growlers of beer or whatever seems right.

LibertysChild

TDI
2006 / 2011 Jetta
7/22/2011 - It appears that Google "upgraded" their maps and when they did all the emails listed disappeared. So, now there are email links for each listing that point NOWHERE! It's not realistic for me to replace them all especially since it may happen again. So, the only way to make contact will be to PM through TDI Club. Sorry for any inconvenience. I will continue to add listing to the map without email addresses.

9/19/2011 - As of today we have 165 members listed on the map!

03/4/2012 - The map is now multiple pages long so you have to click each page to see all the points on the map. Be sure to check all pages when finding a listing. If anyone knows a way to change it so all show up on one page please let me know.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...055,86.572266&z=4&iwloc=000492ce69bc1ee2eac43

If you have a VAG-COM that you would like to make available for members at no charge, list your info here or PM me and I'll add you to the map.

Type of VAG-COM available
Zip Code
Email will no longer be listed since Google removed all of them for some reason.

You can find a TDIClub users contact info here:

If you find bad contact information or want your listing updated please let me know.

Thanks to Wingnut this tread is periodically cleaned up to remove info after the map is updated.

If anyone out there knows enough about the different types of interfaces and is willing to give a summary of capabilities of each please send me a PM with info, thanks! I'll post the info here.
Never use/trust the cloud, see 1984 by Orson Wells.

WAGONWILLY

TDI
05 jetta wagon murdered out
Hello anyone willing and able near kitchener waterloo ontario Canada the gf and I would not mind a good physical for the new addition to the family ? 05 jetta wagon tdi manual though I'm told she has bine tampered with all I know is a check up is in order thanks
William:)

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hello anyone willing and able near kitchener waterloo ontario Canada the gf and I would not mind a good physical for the new addition to the family ? 05 jetta wagon tdi manual though I'm told she has bine tampered with all I know is a check up is in order thanks
William:)
It's best to seek these people out, many car people do not surf the interweb.
I believe you have an active regional forum up your way.

sundown57

TDI
one
vag com

trying to find any one with a vag com in the mass, RI area but when i click on the vag com list button it goes to 404 page. Is there a new list some where or does any one where i can find a user in my area? I see the previous post suggest searching these people out but i can not figure out were to look . thanks

Skydvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MkIV
I've got a HEX+CAN in the Amherst/Northampton area.
But I'll be on the road sometime around July 20 until the end of August.

Lock_t

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 5spd 221k
Anyone have or know of a hex-can f/s?? Looking to buy one

Or if I order one online not from Ross tech does it work properly and show the entire vcds interface?? (not vcds lite) and if I can do that is there any certain specs I need to look for in the cables?

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Anyone have or know of a hex-can f/s?? Looking to buy one

Or if I order one online not from Ross tech does it work properly and show the entire vcds interface?? (not vcds lite) and if I can do that is there any certain specs I need to look for in the cables?
Not really, various off brands function varies. There are a few threads discussing which ones do what.