WTB: Passat B4V TDI

swill983

TDI
In search of
Actively on the hunt for a solid, well maintained B4 Passat Variant TDI. Ideally it would something other than green, but the preference is for a rust free and clean example. Documented maintenance records a plus. I am located in the Pittsburgh area but willing to travel for the right one.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Actively on the hunt for a solid, well maintained B4 Passat Variant TDI. Ideally it would something other than green, but the preference is for a rust free and clean example. Documented maintenance records a plus. I am located in the Pittsburgh area but willing to travel for the right one.

You have a p.m.

I have another Green B4V (sorry). Body is great - no east coast rust. Details in the p.m.

swill983

TDI
In search of
It would ultimately depend on the vehicle, but on the high end somewhere around 6-7k.

dbrn55

TDI
96 Passat Wagon
I have a 96 passat wagon with the TDI. It has been sitting. Runs and drives but needs a timing belt and tires at least. If you are seriously interested email me. davidnbrown55@gmail.com as I don't get on here that often.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
I have a green (with rust) wagon + overly maintained! but! alas, not for sale! Why? you get what you can find, then enjoy it! they are 20 years old, you know?

swill983

TDI
In search of
I have a green (with rust) wagon + overly maintained! but! alas, not for sale! Why? you get what you can find, then enjoy it! they are 20 years old, you know?
This particular generation of passat is what draws me. Love the aesthetics of the wagon and at over 6 and half feet tall I need something with a semblance of space. The age doesn't bother me as much as finding a properly maintained example. I have spent the better part of my driving career with 80s and early 90s Audis and am accustomed to their effect on one's wallet.

John-in-Seattle

TDI
1996 VW B4-V TDI
Hi swill983, my wife and I have a 1996 B4 V (red) for sale. We are in Washington State, so not close to you, but thought I'd reply just in case you're still on the hunt and are willing to consider purchasing from far away. Also, ours has been completely rebuilt. And we have no idea what to ask for it...we paid $15k for it 2 years ago after having a ton of work done to it, thinking we would keep it forever. Then we decided to try for more kids...and now we're thinking we need something like a minivan (gasp). Anyway. Here's a link to more info: http://www.vwb4.com

Shoot me a message if you have any questions!

John

BamaB4S

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat
He's in the market for a B4V. V = Variant/Wagon, not sedan.

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
Just finishing the touch up work on the old B4V... Have the dash apart for heater core, swapping GLX leather interior and improved carpet (nothing is new after all...), re-foaming HVAC while I have it apart and could be convinced to do 5-lug swap for the right price. PM me with your contact info & I'd be happy to chat.

Also my sedan is going up for sale too... May put A/C back in if someone is offering the right price