www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old February 17th, 2011, 21:28   #16
bsalbrig
Veteran Member

Mine has the noise in the door jamb...both sides; it and my father's golf have done it since new. It is not a relay but it does sound like one. I would love to learn what it is to fix it but I am unmotivated to pull my door panels off at this point.

2012 6.7 F250
bsalbrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 21:41   #17
tcp_ip_dude
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46@75mph/51@60mph/City 38mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnyardsTDI View Post
How about that annoying buzzing sound at low speed coming from the passenger side overhead light?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneJob View Post
This is also a feature, not a bug.
I have it too, exactly at 1600-1650rpm. Drove me nuts. Arggh. Now it's unplugged and in my console; saving it as a science project for the dealer at my 20K service.

Last edited by tcp_ip_dude; February 17th, 2011 at 21:45.
tcp_ip_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2011, 21:35   #18
Kirbstomp

I have the same too from both sides. What I've done when I couldn't stand it was lightly punch it gently and it does go away. Barbaric as it sounds I seem to fix many things with this method, car related or not. If someone wants to try this to I'd like to know if you get the same results. Thought I may have been the only one.
Kirbstomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:11   #19
Msrushing

I'm currently fighting this same issue.
I have found that if you leave the car in the sun for several hours and then drive you hear the clicking noise from the exact spot as the OP pointed out in his picture. (my car is even red also)
If you open the door and squeeze the top corner of the door you will hear it creak and make that same sound. When the car is cold or right out of the garage you will not be able to squeeze the top corner and make that sound. Everything will appear as normal until the car heats up. After driving for a while it goes away as the door cools down after not being in direct sunlight.

I will post what my dealer comes up with for a fix.
Msrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:33   #20
Msrushing

After a couple trips to the dealership the tech was finally able to hear the ticking sound from the drivers door. They removed the black strip from the door pillar and put some anti rattle pads under it. This seems to have resolved the issue.
Good luck to anyone fighting this problem!
Old April 22nd, 2011, 21:48   #21
Bob Sacamano
Veteran Member

i have a similar problem. The dealer told me it could be the locking mechanism of the seatbelt.

I still think that it is due to loose striker plates.

the dealer has not been helpful

My TDI Pictures and Info
Bob Sacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2011, 15:12   #22
c17chief
Veteran Member

I dunno if it is the same noise or not, but I have noticed a ticking noise in the pillar since new....the odd thing is it is a pretty consistent rythem akin to water dripping down or something. Seems to be most prevelent when it is hot out. I know it isnt water of course...but I've never heard such a consistant tick....tick....tick...tick from a standard rattle. It wouldnt surprise me if it was some sort of relay or something.
c17chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 19:01   #23
Msrushing

Squeeze the top corner of your door when you hear the noise. You will be able to make the door squeek by just squeezing it a little. When it cools off you wont be able to make the same sound. Have the dealer remove the black plastic on the door between the drivers window and the back window and add anti noise pads under it. Its been a week for me now and the noise is totally gone.
Old April 26th, 2011, 17:41   #24
duderino

I had the same annoying ticking sound coming from both sides of my car and fixed em both by adding a little dry graphite lubricant to the latch mechanism on the door! I guess the latches were sticking a little and when the door moves relative to the body the striker forces the latch to move a little and voila, a little tick sound. ...didn't sound like it was coming from there inside the car, but lubing that up on both sides fixed the problem permanently! Hope that helps someone

duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 11:02   #25
shadowblue746

TDI(s): Golf 1.6TDI

I have the clicking metalic click but only in the cold weather and also the overhead console light buzz-but only in the warm weather.
shadowblue746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 16:53   #26
jonb2565

TDI(s): Jetta
Smile Finally I know I'm not going CRAZY!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with clicks in my left ear from the driver's side door. It's hard to pinpoint the exact location of the clicks but I purchased teflon lubricant that's safe for rubber and applied it to the underside of the driver's side door seals. I suspect this is the cause of the clicks. Try it and see if this stops the noise. Let me know how you make out.
jonb2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:40   #27
TDIAustin
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: got 42 on highway trip; looking to improve that next trip

Spray silicone with the little red spray attachment might be able to reach the parts and decrease the friction noise without hurting anything. Won't cost much or hurt anything to try at least.

You comedians calling these noises "features" are pretty funny and shows a good attitude.

Last edited by TDIAustin; August 23rd, 2013 at 10:42. Reason: Clarify
TDIAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 19:26   #28
plonski559

TDI(s): Jetta

Did you use dry graphite lube from a spray can or squeeze-tube?
plonski559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2018, 16:05   #29
duderino

oops, sorry for the laaaaate reply.. spray can!
duderino is offline   Reply With Quote