Sales Question

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
I just found out that I'm looking at a major medical bill in the next month or two, and I would have to sell my Golf to help pay for it. Here's my question. I had arranged to have the Golf re-painted and any and all body work, that was needed to be done this coming Spring. Should I get it painted or sell as is?

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I just found out that I'm looking at a major medical bill in the next month or two, and I would have to sell my Golf to help pay for it. Here's my question. I had arranged to have the Golf re-painted and any and all body work, that was needed to be done this coming Spring. Should I get it painted or sell as is?
Unless you've already paid for the paint and body work, sell it as is. You will never recoup the money paid for the paint and bodywork as "extra" above and beyond the blue book of the car. Someone will likely only pay 50% of what you paid to have the work done.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
Unless you've already paid for the paint and body work, sell it as is. You will never recoup the money paid for the paint and bodywork as "extra" above and beyond the blue book of the car. Someone will likely only pay 50% of what you paid to have the work done.
That's kinda what I thought, but because a real close friend is doing this, for "cash", it's quite a bit lower than what you'd normally pay, a whole lot lower. Thanks for your input