Parts Avatar

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Was looking for wiper blades for my 2014 Jetta. Usually buy them from Autocamping but came across Parts Avatar in Brampton where they had Bosch Clear Advantage wiper blades for approx $7 each. Partsource sells them for $21 each.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
turn signal and cruise control stalk for my mkv jetta (mine is the 2 stalk version).... 1st time using parts avatar, cheapest price to my door, arrived within a week.. Curiously, I think it came from BC to Ontario...

I think I got the Standard Motor Products brand. Works consistently, unlike my old dying one which would intermiittently give 2 L hand blinks before doing the R hand blinks when signalling right.

This was in the past month that I ordered it...

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
turn signal and cruise control stalk for my mkv jetta (mine is the 2 stalk version).... 1st time using parts avatar, cheapest price to my door, arrived within a week.. Curiously, I think it came from BC to Ontario...

I think I got the Standard Motor Products brand. Works consistently, unlike my old dying one which would intermiittently give 2 L hand blinks before doing the R hand blinks when signalling right.

This was in the past month that I ordered it...
Spraying some electrical contact cleaner at the base of the stalk probably would have fixed that. The copper dust mixes with the grease in the base of the stalk will act like a conductor causing these things. At least it did on mine.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
I douched it with aerosol contact cleaner and worked the stalk.... didn't help me much... When you look at the part, there's no easy way to get to the contacts without removing it from the steering column...

You are probably right though, if I do it now, I would imagine it might work, only because I can get the spray into the contacts with it off the car.

The new one does feel nice... and it works. $140cdn + tax was the cheapest I could find it for.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Needed an ALH alternator today and Parts Avatar had a new Wilson for $130 less than a Bosch reman. Wilson has a decent reputation for tractor starters and alternators, would have given them a try except delivery was quoted as 6-10 days, even express shipping (which would have cut the savings in half) was 3 days.

Perjad got the Bosch for me in 3 1/2 hours :)

Simon