Upload Site Live - Just uploaded Docs

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I just uploaded all the required documents since the site now allows you to. I used a flatbed scanner to scan them all in...

An article I read last night (i don't have the source handy) said VW plans on having these cars back with in 20 days of the judge dropping the gavel.

For me I just want the process over with, a new job, a new baby, being at 120,000 miles with a timing belt due for replacement and a cracked DPF makes my TDI not the car for me any more. I want rid of it quickly and painlessly so I am happy to see it go to the smelter.

scottb8888

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Mine uploaded the morning. Since I am a lease they asked for vehicle registration and my drivers license. Any others that folks have uploaded?

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Same docs for my purchase. No issues. I wish I could change the buyback date without calling the toll free number.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
There is a list of questions one has to answer again? Seems like we answered these already.

Edit:

Answered the questions but can't get beyond continue.

Last edited:

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Cool, doing one of mine now. The other car we want to do in early 2017 after the Volvo arrives so I will wait on that one.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
We keep getting error 404 when we try and go through the process.
Keep trying. I had no problem. 404 is "not found" so that is kind of weird.

ETA: maybe try quitting your browser and maybe clearing the browser cache or that sort of thing in case you have older info for the website cached somewhere.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
I didn't receive a request to upload any documents yet. I just visited my VW claims account and it isn't asking for any documents.

Did you folks get requests then?

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
I didn't receive a request to upload any documents yet. I just visited my VW claims account and it isn't asking for any documents.

Did you folks get requests then?

I didn't but when I logged in, after reading here, it had a page of questions, and then a continue button which went to the document upload.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
Keep trying. I had no problem. 404 is "not found" so that is kind of weird.
ETA: maybe try quitting your browser and maybe clearing the browser cache or that sort of thing in case you have older info for the website cached somewhere.
Thanks Chad, we switched computers and it worked fine. We uploaded all our docs. I wonder how long it will take for them to review them?

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Got mine uploaded and received the conformation..... just waiting for Oct 18th I think it is.....

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Thanks Chad, we switched computers and it worked fine. We uploaded all our docs. I wonder how long it will take for them to review them?
I would guess they are flooded with docs and will be reviewing them with the goal of finishing before the Oct approval date of the Consent order. That way they can start the process of scheduling cars to take back. If they have a doc problem, you will probably be called or e-mailed before the Oct date.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
Apparently if we choose to keep the Passat and get the fix, the docs are not there yet. At least from what I see. Are all of you giving back your VW that may answer why I can't see docs or a link to docs. Thanks

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
Apparently if we choose to keep the Passat and get the fix, the docs are not there yet. At least from what I see. Are all of you giving back your VW that may answer why I can't see docs or a link to docs. Thanks
We are taking the buyback. It would make sense that they need the docs for those selling them back to VW.
What did you click on to get the page of questions to come up?
The questions just came up when we logged into the claim site.
I needed to have scanned both sides of the title, the front of the state registration and both sides of two drivers licenses since my wife and I are both on the title. For the title they have two upload buttons one each for front and back. The driver's license button has only one button so you will need to inclue both sides in one .pdf. It would be far quicker to have done all this before logging in. We were running back and forth and were timed out a couple of times. YMMV
You can also mail or fax the documents requested.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
We are taking the buyback. It would make sense that they need the docs for those selling them back to VW.
The questions just came up when we logged into the claim site.
I needed to have scanned both sides of the title, the front of the state registration and both sides of two drivers licenses since my wife and I are both on the title. For the title they have two upload buttons one each for front and back. The driver's license button has only one button so you will need to inclue both sides in one .pdf. It would be far quicker to have done all this before logging in. We were running back and forth and were timed out a couple of times. YMMV
You can also mail or fax the documents requested.
Thanks. I just went back and logged-in again...and they popped up. Internets, lol.

Michel61

TDI
Retured 2014 Passat TDI SEL
Mine uploaded the morning. Since I am a lease they asked for vehicle registration and my drivers license. Any others that folks have uploaded?

I am a lease to. Uploaded registration,my drivers license and my wifes drivers license

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Wonder what eligible sellers will have to submit? A drivers license doesn't prove much. But I don't think it would be fair to expect someone to have saved an old registration. Have to assume VW has some sort of a plan.

Last edited: