MK4 Jetta Door

Dieselspool

TDI
2001 ALH Jetta
I need to replace the front driver door on my Jetta. I literally cannot find any replacements online and all salvage yards in my area only have power window variants!! I was thinking if VW put the wiring in there anyways (a smarter manufacturing decision) I could just salvage the power door and just have a power window on the driver side...welp my ancestors have let me down. The plug is absent! can anyone help me!? please!?

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Can't you just use the door skin and put your manual window regulator mechanism on it and use the existing interior panel?
I don't think a one door power window set up would be compatible.

Last edited:

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Can't you just use the door skin and put your manual window regulator mechanism on it and use the existing interior panel?
I don't think a one door power window set up would be compatible.
Assuming damage to the original, it could be that the manual stuff is no longer serviceable. If that is the case, looking around may be the only answer...car-part comes to mind, and that may involve some travel.

If it is just rusty...
cheers,
Douglas

Dieselspool

TDI
2001 ALH Jetta
I could salvage the door shell, however the panel is toast. So I guess a better question is where I could get all of the door panels and pockets and switches and and door card and all that goodness??

Dieselspool

TDI
2001 ALH Jetta
I don’t have a pic right now.. my door started to sag and after a few closes before I could adjust it, the panel ripped off the screw holes on the bottom of the panel. I have some parts, others I don’t:/

Dieselspool

TDI
2001 ALH Jetta
I have deduced that I can donor the panel from the power window variant and I will just need a door card. BUT...apparently I own the only Jetta with crank windows I swear!!! I can find door cards all day long for the power window doors. Literally cannot find a manual option door card...I have a feeling man crank window Jetta are a rare breed....

Dieselspool

TDI
2001 ALH Jetta
I also am considering making a crank work on an automatic door card. It might be janky but I think it could work. Any ideas or suggestions on this?