2004 Phaeton V10

edinn2505

TDI
Volkswagen Phaeton V10
Hello guys! So, you guessed it. I want to buy Phaeton V10.
This one specifically: Volkswagen Phaeton (12.900 KM)
https://www.olx.ba/r/30329646/219569

I already test drove it, extremely well preserved. No cracks on leather, little signs of usage, no peeled paint on buttons etc.
Drives great, a little lazy when gas pedal is pressed slightly, when pressed harder pulls like crazy. No engine ticking but loud and very diesely sound on idle, when on higher revs, eargasm, not bad for diesel at all!
Took to my mechanic, he said I am crazy, I should buy nothing more than 2.0 engine, expensive repairs, bla, bla.
Guy who sells it will live registration for it till next summer, so 600 euros more in my pocket for 9 months.
As for that engine out (which I hope wouldn't happen), is around 100-150 euros here (Bosnia). Some repairs if they happen, again, hopefully not - turbo repair with 1 year warranty, 200 euros, injector repair - 30-70 euros, air suspension repair 100-150 euros etc. Also parts on ebay don't seem too high either.
So what do you guys think, I already have two smaller cars for cheap repairs and low consumption (merc A, and kia), I want something big and powerful. Found A8 4.2 but I like Phaeton more, and some bmw e60s and audi a6s, but still I just can't stop thinking about Phaeton
So what you guys think? Service cost around 200 euros.
Thank you everyone!

RSMS

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
04 T-REG V-10 as a driver but too many others to list and always changing
I dig it!! At one time I thought about buying one and leaving it at on of the places I travel to in Europe as a driver. I've also considered doing so with a V12 Q7. Fortunately for me common sense kicked in as I wouldn't use the car enough to justify having it. Luckily for you thiough is you would get to use it daily. I haven't driven one but I do love my Touareg V10. Here in the states everyone is scared of them service wise but I'm guessing by your repair quotes it would be much easier to maintain there if you didn't do your own work. If it's a nice well kept car I'm sure it would be a fun car to own. If you get it keep us informed...

edinn2505

TDI
Volkswagen Phaeton V10
I dig it!! At one time I thought about buying one and leaving it at on of the places I travel to in Europe as a driver. I've also considered doing so with a V12 Q7. Fortunately for me common sense kicked in as I wouldn't use the car enough to justify having it. Luckily for you thiough is you would get to use it daily. I haven't driven one but I do love my Touareg V10. Here in the states everyone is scared of them service wise but I'm guessing by your repair quotes it would be much easier to maintain there if you didn't do your own work. If it's a nice well kept car I'm sure it would be a fun car to own. If you get it keep us informed...
So how does your Treg listens to you? Any mayor repairs? Mileage?
I have friend who owned v10 touareg for 450 000 miles.. ONLY ONE (1) PROBLEM - driveshaft at 250 000 miles!!!
Now he bought another one, newer, more equipment and less miles. 1 year and only oil and filters, no problems of any sort.
As for my repair quotes, it's not that great considering i have 500 euros monthly pay for now, just started working in this company, 1500 euros as household, but it's not anything crazy expensive.
I'm still scared to get it, but i just can't find anything that wowed me for the price as this one.