I am SOOOO excited!!!

crisi13

TDI
06 Jetta 5spd
I have owned both a 2000 (traded in for the 04) and a 2004 TDI Jetta. In 2005, I traded my 04 Jetta for a Jeep Wrangler. At the time, I didn't think about the 15 mpg...I just wanted a Jeep. Last week I found a used 2006 Jetta with 47,000 miles and couldn't wait to trade in the Jeep!

So after a tank of fuel...I still can't remember why I ever go rid of my first two TDI's. Not only is it a blast to drive...but I just averaged 49.57 mpg!!!! I was worried that I wouldn't get the great fuel mileage that my old one's did...but I think it's actually better. Here's how the last tank worked out:

- 670 miles before the fuel light came on (didn't vent on that fill up...it was almost full so I just topped it off so that I could get a baseline)
-Filled up at 674.1 miles with 13.6 gallons (again didn't vent since it wasn't self service and the guy just filled it up)
-My drive is 80 miles R/T with about 50 miles highway and 30 miles stop and go interstate...anyone else in Hampton Roads...you know what I'm talking about!!!

I added 6oz of Gray Powerservice to this tank and am going to check the air pressure in my tires today. Hopefully, soon I can get a Scangauge so that I can monitor it even more!!! WOOHOOO...it feels so good to be back in a VW DIESEL!!!!!

I was a little worried about buying a used car...but it's a TDI and I think we're going to have a nice long life together!!!

Thanks for all of the great advice!!!

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
i have a jeep, but i realize i has to be the "toy" not ever a replacment. It's nice that you saw the light:)

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
I am not sure if that is considered modding or just pimping your ride.... I think VelociT meant power enhancements but whatever works for you....

crisi13

TDI
06 Jetta 5spd
NorthernMage said:
I am not sure if that is considered modding or just pimping your ride.... I think VelociT meant power enhancements but whatever works for you....
I'm sure that you're right...but the only mods to the original car that I'm going to be making for a while are the aesthetic/quality of life ones. Since I drive 80 miles R/T...the Sirius and bluetooth are extremely important to me and since it didn't come with the car I see it as a modification, it's one of those you say potato, I say potatoe kind of things! ;)

As for power enchancements...I'm not planning to do that since I subscribe to the "right pedal" mod for increased performance. Performance to me is increased MPG!!

Thanks again for all of the great knowledge...I am learning so much that I didn't know!