Official Spotted thread

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Still seeing a bunch of TDIs...no plate frames, no members saying hello to me. *feels so alone* HA HA HA

I'm usually on the 400S from Hwy7 around 6:45-6:55 ish, and usually on the 400N around 4:15-5:15 ish (depends on my workday).

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
i'll be on the 400 this weekend i can sit on the side of the road till i see you if you want...i'll make a sign to make you feel better hahah

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I see about eight or ten VWs, a couple of Golfs, a couple of Jetta wagons, but mostly Jettas (TDIs?) one without a VW grille emblem on the way into Cambridge from Hamilton/Dundas area in the morning, probably off to work at Toyota! I do not see as many on the 403 but there are a few. I am too busy trying to get into the slow lane to see if they are members or not. The slow lane is the least travelled as folks going to Toronto or Mississauga are queueing into the two left lanes as soon as they get to Hamilton! IDIOTS!

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
I see bunches in my travels everyday, but never once have I seen a TDIclub indicator. Besides, if you were looking for other TDI'rs, ya sure wouldn't be looking at a big yellow Kenworth diesel.

ahh well...I'll join John in solitude and "be cool in my stool".

kingkos

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI
I started working in Bolton this week and noticed plenty of TDI's going up and down hwy 50. No waves yet, but i am always trying. btw, the drive from Hamilton to Bolton is not the funnest thing to do in the mornings. ANy local Boltoners to look out for? I think Vik is from Bolton, but i guess i wont be seeing him until for a bit.

Hey Vik, hope to see you tearing-ass around Bolton soon.

Steve

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
I'll send a shout out to Toronto Vento who zipps by my place in Richmond Hill i'm sure daily with his fiancee.

Vik we met a few weeks back inside the Timmy's in "Downtown" Bolton at 6am. I was brain dead that early in the morning so sorry if I seemed unfriendly.

Hey Kingkos, those TDI's you see in bolton moslty are going to where I work whichj is @ Husky. A ton of the mechanics and staff here drive TDI's. Look for the black on black on black (3rd black is i still have the steelies on) Bora with the red TDI and thats me.

Cheers

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
Hi Shawn,

The 2003 Rabbit is a rebadged Golf that on the back trunk has the Rabbit emblem and TDI . The Ggolf Emblem was removed too.

Pete

kingkos

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI
ProPAL said:
Hey Kingkos, those TDI's you see in bolton moslty are going to where I work whichj is @ Husky. A ton of the mechanics and staff here drive TDI's. Look for the black on black on black (3rd black is i still have the steelies on) Bora with the red TDI and thats me.

Cheers
Cool. I'll be in Bolton 3 days next week. I'll swing by on my lunch break and say hi.

Steve

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I keep looking on the 401....aside from sightings in Cambridge, I have had none. I am approaching 300,000 kms quickly, and the car is feeling great. I keep checking the front end when I change wheels and stuff, still can't find any *looseness* in the front end...shocks the hell out of me.

As far as the handling goes....stock with better shocks...I have yet to have anyone follow me thru the hwy 6 turn off at 120 kmp/h with the cruise on yet....One girl in a BMW who fought to pass me(well over 150) before getting off had a really shocked look on her face as I passed her on the off ramp on the outside as she slowed to 90 and I just let it roll. Damm beemer should be good for 130 thru that corner without a hiccup. I think I might of pissed her off a little....:cool: . Grow some *balls*, or get out of my way I guess...Tonight, some guy in a mazda 6 was up on my arse coming into the corner.....he caught the red light at 34. Light rain and a jerky corner, nearly sent him off the edge at 120.....Gotta be smooooth. When I saw his lights *slip* I wonder if he needed a seatcover change????

Craig

Craig

zhouge

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF Automatic
Driving from Mississauga to Waterloo on 401 everyday. See tons TDIs but never find one with club frame or banner. I always drive around 110km/h with my 03 silver Golf to keep a better MPG and couldn't catch the other TDIs.

TyeRant

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Silver
Funny story

LOL,

My buddy at work came to me the other day...He said he thought he knew all models offered by VW. (TDI, VR6, 1.8T, etc...) But, what model was VEG?

He saw a Green Jetta with VEG on it some where between Hamilton and Mississauga.

I laughed and said it was kingkos. You have been spotted Steve :)

kingkos

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI
haha...thats cool. I think i'll be spotted a bit more often now that I am done school and driving a lot more. I love it when people ask me what the heck is a "VEG". I'll be on the 403/QEW pretty much every day between Mississauga and Hamilton between now and the end of June. I try and wave at every TDI'er I see.

Steve

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
anybody know the owner of a "Bora" with one of those Loonie plates (##LN##) with some tuning or such sticker on right side of trunk? he and I played cat and mouse westbound between Guelph Line and Townline Road tonight. I had my canoe on the roof and city lights on. He had his city lights on and then switched to low beams. He got back on the highway to go back eastbound at Townline Road. Is he one of us?

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
ProPAL said:
I'll send a shout out to Toronto Vento who zipps by my place in Richmond Hill i'm sure daily with his fiancee.
Hey! Look who's making his once a year visit! :p

And yeah, I'm driving by your place almost every day.

I still have no sightings of other TDI Club members. I keep on looking out for Vik in his car, but I just can't seem to find him on the road. :D

01tdiJEtt

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Last week when we had those days of 20+ weather i saw a plethora of modded VW's i felt lonely being the only TDI driving around Bolton, i also have a all red TDI badge. I saw a black jetta wagon with a bora badge and a silver red green TDI badge, is that anyone on here?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I still need to figure out who owns the green MKIV Jetta with the Upsolute and Diesel inside stickers on the back....

I think he had a TDiClub.com license plate frame, but not 100% on that one...

CalibreTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 2012 Passat
Where have you been hidin' all weekend.
I drove all the way from Toronto to Ottawa and back, sporting my new fashionable TDI Club sticker, put on just over 1000KMs (on one tank of diesel of course) - not only I didn't see any members - I DIDN'T SEE ANY TDIs.
Were all the proud owners taking advantage of the weather and shining the wheels or what?

CalibreTDI

TDIGUY03

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI BLK/BLK (SOLD), 2015 Golf TDI SE, 2011 Golf Sportwagon TDI (Traded for 2018 Atlas)
zhouge said:
Driving from Mississauga to Waterloo on 401 everyday. See tons TDIs but never find one with club frame or banner. I always drive around 110km/h with my 03 silver Golf to keep a better MPG and couldn't catch the other TDIs.
I am going Milton to Waterloo everyday.
Black on Black golf With a german plate on the front.
Debadged on the back with a TDICLUB Plate frame and Custom plates.

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
wakeboarder_shawn said:
passed a black jetta this morning southbound on the 400. Had TDIclub licence plate and TDIclub stickers. I waved but not sure if you saw me
Hello again today! This time northbound! 6:00pm Innisfil Beach road area.

TDIMAXIMA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 4motion Passat 5 speed 1.8t
zhouge said:

Thats my route. Grey tdi sport.

TDIGUY03

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI BLK/BLK (SOLD), 2015 Golf TDI SE, 2011 Golf Sportwagon TDI (Traded for 2018 Atlas)
TDIMAXIMA said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouge

Thats my route. Grey tdi sport.
What time are you guys on the road so I can keep an eye out for you.