www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old October 29th, 2015, 05:50   #1
Ms9603

Default Anyone have a GIAC tune?

Hello all! I am thinking of getting a GIAC tune but cannot find much by way of people that have gotten it on their mk6 cr tdi.
Ms9603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:25   #2
WalkingDrunken
Veteran Member

TDI(s): NONE

I remember seeing at least 1 person that got the GIAC tune but after searching I can't find that person or anyone that has done GIAC. I did run across this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=425586

This forum is really slanted towards Malone, probably because he is the most active tuner in these forums. At the same time he constantly refines his work and has some of the most solid tunes out there. Some of the other TDI tunes that I've seen people get include APR, RocketChip, TDTuning, and Revo.

If you do get the GIAC tune let us know how it turns out!
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:28   #3
Ms9603

I will let y'all know. I preferably want a Malone tune but do not have anyone local that may do it for me. My dealer will actually do GIAC tunes as well.
Old October 29th, 2015, 08:17   #4
WalkingDrunken
Veteran Member

I don't have a tuner local to me either, I live in SW Florida. Not a really big car modification/tuner area.

I use Andrew with AARodriguez Corp. www.fixmyvw.com . He's located in Dallas GA. which is about 4 hours away from you, but if you don't want to drive he offers reasonable overnight shipping labels to him and from him. You'd be out a vehicle for 3 days due to the shipping. Just an idea.
Old October 29th, 2015, 16:24   #5
Ms9603

Ok. Thanks for the info!
Old November 8th, 2015, 09:36   #6
Ms9603

I pulled the trigger on the GIAC tune and am very happy with it so far. Obviously I have nothing to compare it to other than stock but it is a huge difference. The care overall drive much better, as in it has a much smoother and even power delivery. I cannot tell if MPGs are improved as of yet but they are definitely not any worse. The awesome part is there is no longer the noticeable power difference between a/c use and no a/c.
Old November 9th, 2015, 07:15   #7
WalkingDrunken
Veteran Member

Sweet! good to hear. There was a lot to free up in the oem form. The bottom line is you're happy with it!

now don't get the bug and do the CR170 or GTB kits when it comes out.
Old October 20th, 2019, 14:15   #8
Airtac

TDI(s): Jetta

Did a stage 1 tune from GIAC. Sent ECU directly to them since it was so old, but a very noticeable difference! Smooth and powerful compared to stock. Picked up 2-6 mpg over the first couple of tanks. The folks (Elf) from Streamline Industries in SLC facilitated the work and were super helpful with great customer service!

Last edited by Airtac; October 20th, 2019 at 14:17. Reason: Added info
Airtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 15:43   #9
forrest resto`s
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDrunken View Post
I remember seeing at least 1 person that got the GIAC tune but after searching I can't find that person or anyone that has done GIAC. I did run across this thread...

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=425586

This forum is really slanted towards Malone, probably because he is the most active tuner in these forums. At the same time he constantly refines his work and has some of the most solid tunes out there. Some of the other TDI tunes that I've seen people get include APR, RocketChip, TDTuning, and Revo.

If you do get the GIAC tune let us know how it turns out!
How can you forget Kerma?? ON this forum they are VERY popular..especially the Qpro..so you can load the tune or revert back to stock in the convenience of your home!.. Great service also!
forrest resto`s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2019, 20:32   #10
dandywriter
Veteran Member

Had a stage I GIAC tune in a 2006 BRM for 13 years; biased towards trailer towing. It worked way better than stock - it would pull higher without complaint. I don't have a tune due to post-fix coverage, but will when the miles pass by...