VCDS question

nedro018

TDI
2009 tdi dsg sportwagon
anyone know of where i can produce a detailed TOC for ALL of the menus/submenus in VCDS? im trying to grasp which features are in which menus.

manually browsing thru the software on the laptop while sitting in the car is not the same as reading a printout in the easy chair in my home where beers are in easy reach.

thanks in advance

Cleenlivin

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sedan (DSG) boughtback, 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan (Tiptronic), 2004 Jetta TDI Sedan (5 speed)
So Much Info Available.

I recently purchased a Vag-Com and was thinking along the same lines regarding printed material that details the all menus and sub-menus accessible via the hardware/software. After looking at the Ross-Tech website and thinking about the versatility and cross-year compatibility built into the system, I can see the huge under-taking it would be to provide detail specific to all of the controllers accessible. If they did provide a detailed all inclusive manual it would probably be huge volume(s)along the lines of a "Bentley" type manual. When your consider the program reads the controllers specific to the model being scanned and not all models have the same controllers/features it would be a lot of work and paper to detail so many applicatons.

I know it seem strange that you have to be tethered to the vehicle even if you just want to "browse" the functionality in the program but I think its your only option. This site and the RossTech site one are cool in that when you run into something you don't understand a click is only a search or e-mail away.

I was also thinking it might be a cool project for someone to research and document "all" of the functionality available through Vag-Com. This would probably years of work though.

nedro018

TDI
2009 tdi dsg sportwagon
you know you're rt, it would be too much work and would change too quickly.

guess ill put the 12 pack in the back seat and browse in the garage when the wife leaves.