2007 vw Jetta tdi issue

TDI
VW JETTA MK5 (2007) 1.9L
OK guys here is the repost,
my car stopped in traffic and refused to move until it is cooled down its back to normal,

when the car begins to act up I am getting a number of error lights in the dash, ABS, traction control, Air Bag and Check engine

it seems to give about 10-15 min of drive time from cold before it begins to act up,and seems to go a bit longer if the AC is on,

any idea on how to fond this issue?

I have a VCDS and can do a scan if that is necessary, the list is long so if there is a specific part of the scan that is most important please let me know.

TDI
VW JETTA MK5 (2007) 1.9L
I have gone through two of them under the hood, Is there another ?

one almost under the air cleaner and another on the opposite side.

Someone suggested that a control module could be overheating and shorting out the system,

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
wire issue, battery connections, corrosion on big power lines and such will up the amp draw and overheat the wire and blow fuses and what not, if the car gets hot the issue is compounded. No idea exactly, never heard of this but sounds like electrical.

TDI
VW JETTA MK5 (2007) 1.9L
I searched all the earth points i could find and loosen and check for corrosion, they all good, i found nothing,

TDI
VW JETTA MK5 (2007) 1.9L
Hey, is there a way to log into VCDS gateway and view all the different modules and verify communication?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
not the earth points so much as all your main 12 volt connections, fuses, relays ect. most VW's have electrical issues but most are easily solved. get a volt meter and start poking around

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Hey, is there a way to log into VCDS gateway and view all the different modules and verify communication?
Yes. This will help. http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.php
The person that said you have "overheating controllers" may not have a clue about what they are talking about.

Did you check the ground that has 2 ground wires (one red and one pink) on it and is underneath the air cleaner housing? That ground bolts directly to the chassis. You will have to remove the air cleaner housing to get to it.

That ground is a major chassis ground and can work loose and cause the problems you describe. On my 2006 that ground has worked loose 2 times.

Last edited: