2015 passat up grade

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, Rabit TDI
what is a low cost up grade for this TDI .. Not a race car just a little more go -power Thanks Tdan:D

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
factor it about $700 if you get the flashzilla which is worth it.

Also rear sway bar makes it way more enjoyable, H&R 24MM bar on our SEL ($280ish).

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
Also check out US vendors such as KermaTDI for carb friendly tuning that keeps your car out of spotlight until the EPA cools off..

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
factor it about $700 if you get the flashzilla which is worth it.

Also rear sway bar makes it way more enjoyable, H&R 24MM bar on our SEL ($280ish).
How do you feel about their Fr/R sway bar kits? What is the general consensus going Fr/rear vs. just the rear? I understand it's about balance, but both bars are adjustable IIRC.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Also check out US vendors such as KermaTDI for carb friendly tuning that keeps your car out of spotlight until the EPA cools off..

FYI No tune is CARB friendly, while emissions equipment is intact and control schemes aren't messed with, they don't have that coveted CARB Executive Order approval sticker.

It may be only because no tuner has spent the time energy (nor should they waste their time) to obtain one.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How do you feel about their Fr/R sway bar kits? What is the general consensus going Fr/rear vs. just the rear? I understand it's about balance, but both bars are adjustable IIRC.
We had a '12 passat with stock bar for 80K, I had only a rear 24mm bar on the Jetta for 120K (30K at soft, remainder on stiff).

The improvement of just the rear bar on the jetta was enough to meet my needs, it was on stock 16" tires not lowered, just made the off ramps enjoyable. Did notice a little over steer if I played with it in the snow, but the ECS really kept things in line.

For the Passat it's currently on soft and it suits the ride of the Passat really well, same thing steering feels better much more planted, by no means harsh or jarring. Also haven't really noticed the rear really able to step out, but then again its the wifes car, I try and not play around with it too much. Not sure if I'd place the bar on stiff, if the ride would suffer too much.

Side note, the wife didn't even notice I had installed the rear bar, nor the tune, but I bet if it took them away she'd notice.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
I understand that, that's why I avoided the use of "CARB Compliant". Friendly as in if you ever have to do a dyno emissions test at any point in time, all the alarms and bells won't go off at EPA corporate :D