Water Methanol injection CR170

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
Hey guys anyone running meth on a CR170 DPF deleted car?

I bought a stage 3 kit, which has a progressive injection setup. Very tunable. I haven’t looked into it much. I can tap into boost and the injector pulse width if possible.

Just wondering if anyone else has this kit and what they are running their settings at.

Going to put the kit on this week and start logging. I’ve read that the larger nozzles actually have adverse affects on egts. So I’ll just start small.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
You can also cut the meth to water ratio down if egt is going the wrong direction. I think starting with small nozzle/s is smart.

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
You can also cut the meth to water ratio down if egt is going the wrong direction. I think starting with small nozzle/s is smart.

Yea, I don’t think many people know that. The more meth you have can have adverse effects. I will likely cut it down once more from 50/50 and only run higher ratio for track days. (Rare)

Where are you going to mount the tank?

Going to use the washer fluid reservoir. My GTD has headlight washers and a pretty big tank so it should suffice as well as give me plenty warning

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Is’ it’ possible’ for’ you’ to’ update’ or’ quit’ using’ that’ tapatalk’ it’s a’bit’ annoying’

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Tapatalk never did that to me to be fair. Must be a really old version too because it doesn't currently work on the newer release as the TDIclub plugin is over a year old.

As to the topic, I'm curious to see what results you get as I had thought about a setup utilizing the DEF tank on the '15 Golf. Have you taken your car to a dyno at all?? I used custom car care in Yorktown. Nice place, but possibly a "heartbreak" dyno.

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
I’m not sure what your talking about with Tapatalk..

On the dyno..

Yea I did 177hp on a different dyno but the car was cutting out like it was loosing traction. So not sure I got a full dyno but it measured 177 before the ecu cut power to the wheels.

The other one was an AWD dyno but I don’t think they knew what they were doing because that was the longest dyno pull I’ve ever seen. That was this one:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I runs a 3 stage custom water and some times water/meth system i built for $200. its not difficult and i found it MUCH better quality than the $700 kits you can buy. PM me if your interested in my beta build, im still working out some fine tuning and never get many track days now but id be happy to share. it works quite well.

Theguy1084

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I’m not sure what your talking about with Tapatalk..

On the dyno..

Yea I did 177hp on a different dyno but the car was cutting out like it was loosing traction. So not sure I got a full dyno but it measured 177 before the ecu cut power to the wheels.

The other one was an AWD dyno but I don’t think they knew what they were doing because that was the longest dyno pull I’ve ever seen. That was this one:

is this DSG? Maybe you’re close to the torque limit of the dsg causing the ecu to cut power.

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
No it’s 6MT. If you turn your traction control off in the rain and try to spin the tires to redline the car won’t let you. It’s some other sort of traction control. And the 2wd dyno spun up so quickly it did the same thing.

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
Finally found some time to start install. Rain came and kept me from being able to start on the wiring. I’m not going to run the lower nozzle down in the pipe as of now. Still have the stock plastic pipes. So both nozzles are in the ASV delete. #2 and #3 nozzles

Wondering if I can drill and tap the outlet of the S3 intercooler and put the nozzle there.

Pump mounted, running two solenoids. The first one is to keep the water meth from siphoning into the intake when the car is off. Second one is to control the power nozzle. The first nozzle will spray all the time. Completely progressive spray so at idle I’ll make the psi very low. The instructions from snow are garbage. So I’m still trying to figure out how the tuning with the controller will work.

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
I’ll take some better pics of he the pump is mounted. I cut the bracket the pump came with a little so that the bottom holes could be bent up and drilled into the bottom of the frame horn.

Jagerauto

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi
Here are some better pics of the pump mounted. I painted the metal before I stuck the bumper back on.

And the controller