How to tell if side view mirror has memory option?

Peroni

TDI
2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
My girl walloped a trash can this morning, besides a dented fender the driver side mirror is busted up beyond repair. Looking at replacements I see that a memory option is listed along with power and heat. I know the car has heater power mirrors but how do I tell if it has memory as well? Or does it even matter? Car is a 2014 SEL Premium.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
AFAIK, 2014 SEL Premium all have memory mirrors. It's tied into the seat/key memory. Not sure how that affects the replacement part, though.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
We have the '13 SEL Premium, and it has the memory mirrors. The bad news is, when I wiped off the passenger side mirror (only the mount was left), it was $700 at the dealer. This is made worse by the fact that the mirror housing comes primed, and must be sent out by the dealer to a body shop and be painted, which helps that bill get so high.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Yes, if you have memory seats you have memory mirrors.

If the painted part is still OK on your current assembly you can pop it off and put it on the replacement mirror (perhaps find a used one?)

-J

Peroni

TDI
2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
Thanks for the response guys. Yes the car does have the memory seats so it probably has the more expensive mirror as well. After looking at it think I might be able to get away with a new painted cover and mirror lens. Should be a salvage yard part.

Now if only fixing the big scrape and dent on the fender were so straight forward...