detroit rims on a 2014 passat tdi SE

enatman

TDI
current 2006 brm, 2014 passat SE returned, 2000 jetta 404k (sold)
Just curious if this rim is compatible? I checked size and it works, 5x112 bolt pattern, but the tires seem to be smaller..Not sure if this will be a normal fit? or need a spacer..OR will look stupid? (I have 18" bristol)

I have a little road rash (bristol) and bounce on 2 of the OEM bristol rims that came with the car. I liked the look on other VW's of the detroits, as opposed to paying full price to replace the bristol rims I found a set of 4 "Detroit's" like new for $350

Will the fit identical to oem Bristol?
Has anyone used these on their b7? happy? complaints? pics?

I'm NOT concerned with clearance as I'm keeping the same size

Last edited:

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
All VW rims that use the 5x112 bolt pattern are ~for the most part~ interchangeable between models.

That said, with the Passat, you'll need 17" for caliper clearance; Detroits will work fine.

Trvln Canuk

TDI
2013 Passat TL TDI
I have 16" on my 2013 Passat and they clear the calipers just fine. The 16" are standard on the Trendline model in Canada.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I have 16" on my 2013 Passat and they clear the calipers just fine. The 16" are standard on the Trendline model in Canada.
I have been running 16" steelies with winter tires for two seasons now. Never a caliper clearance issue. 2014 Passat SE 18" factory rims came on the car.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
All VW rims that use the 5x112 bolt pattern are ~for the most part~ interchangeable between models.

That said, with the Passat, you'll need 17" for caliper clearance; Detroits will work fine.
My Passat SE came with 17" wheels and I got rid of them. I have 16" steel wheels from a Passat S for my winter tires and 16" alloys from a Wolfsburg Edition Passat for my summer tires. Both clear the calipers just fine.

:)

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
If the base gassers models are standard with 16" wheels (the calipers are the same) why is that too close for comfort? What comfort are you looking for? I have seen that post before. In the end it was found that the wheel weights were misplaced. Nothing wrong with 16" wheels many Passats use them.
I prefer a little more clearance. Especially with how bad our roads are here, and our winters.

Good to know that 16" do in fact mount.

enatman

TDI
Thanks for you input..I'm NOT looking to reduce tire size... I'm sticking with 18s

enatman

TDI
I put on jetta 16's and they work great...made sure we got the circumference right on tires....just like having AWD...not pretty but very functional