Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomy97

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
I have a 2012 passat tdi SE currently with 29k miles, since purchasing the car I've had strange issues with the brakes either not disengaging or overheating. I brought the car in at 2900 miles to have them inspected, dealer said nothing was wrong. I know that something was wrong and insisted that something was wrong, they sent me on my way. Had them checked again at 12K miles, same complaint and again they said nothing was wrong. Now having my 30k mile service done, I'm told that the rotors are shot but my brake pads are just fine??? I am no expert but this should not happen right? Also, they want me to pay for them to be replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

millerman61

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav, DSG. Bought back on 12/23/16
When you had it in for this in the past did they document the complaint for you? I would start with VWoA on this since you have been complaining about brake issues since 2900 miles.

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
The rotors are shot isn't a good enough explanation. If the brake pads aren't worn down then I think you have a good case that its a mfr defect. Did you keep your previous invoices where they said they were fine? That and millerman suggestion might make something happen for you. It would be interesting to know how they are 'shot'

Status
Not open for further replies.