Sticker design ?

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Folx,

most of us here are, I am sure, proud to own/drive American made 50Mpg+ cars. I sure am. Top that off with cleanest and coolest looking factory where these are made.

How about a tasteful sticker to point all of these facts out to fellow countrymen ? VW should probably design and give one out, but may be we can collectively come up with something like that .

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Speaking only for myself, just not a fan of stickers. I'd settle for a license plate bracket, though.
I have always wanted to propose a symbol or emblem to signify club membership. Something matching the lettering, but inexpensive to produce. Just never made it a priority.

Last edited:

Roscoe3000

TDI
2005 Passat Variant - Past TDIs: 2005 Passat Sedan, 2006 Beetle (manual), 2006 Jetta (DSG), 2012 Passat (Manual)
I am thinking about making one for my Passat the reads: "50MPG...Ugly Car Not Required"

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
I was thinking

stripes/stars + Made in USA 50Mpg

gotta be something short :)

May be even skip the "Made in USA" part - should be clear from the Old Glory ?

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
The only thing you can read on my car is the manufacturer's badges....and the plate number. If I advertise, I don't do it on my car. It has surprised car sales personnel when I offer to run their advertising decals, plate frames, etc. on my car for a reasonable per annum fee. "No? Well, then I assume those things will be removed when I pick the car up, m'kay?"

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
My whole point is more or less a PSA to fellow countrymen - a 50Mpg car made right here. That's all. Well, may be a bit of a gloat there too :rolleyes:?

Not promoting any dealer or anything like that.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Aw, c'mon...admit it! Of course you are promoting...and gloating. That's what any "sign" is for, right?:D

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
you know right when I got my car I wanted to put a huge sticker on it that said something to the effect of; Yes this is a Diesel! and yes it gets better mileage than your POS Fugly hybrid and furthermore I dont have to dump batteries into the earth while trying to save it so shove it up your cornhole you smug hippy"

but then I realized that's just as smug and pious as those asshat Prius drivers and I really dont want to have anything to do with most of them.

I really do wish there was a way to convey to the public how good the economy is on these things all the while having a normal car with lots of room and good power without looking like a holier-than-thou.

.....maybe a small sticker.....

:rolleyes:

emmkayJuan

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI's, Porsches, & Unique Bits
It has surprised car sales personnel when I offer to run their advertising decals, plate frames, etc. on my car for a reasonable per annum fee. "No? Well, then I assume those things will be removed when I pick the car up, m'kay?"

It never failed when I took my TT in for service (warranty work of course). The dealer would ALWAYS replace my plate frame with theirs and put mine in the trunk. Used to piss me off.

I like something along the lines of 50MPG and made in America. The Chevy Volt commercials really make me crack up every time I see them ... "The car we had to build." ;)

Niner

duplicate account, banned
The only thing you can read on my car is the manufacturer's badges....and the plate number. If I advertise, I don't do it on my car. It has surprised car sales personnel when I offer to run their advertising decals, plate frames, etc. on my car for a reasonable per annum fee. "No? Well, then I assume those things will be removed when I pick the car up, m'kay?"
Ditto. Advertising space costs money.