Service reminder - distance and days before next service

viperman3

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Hi,

Is there a way to adjust the distance travelled before the next scheduled service on the MDF? Mine was reset by the dealer after the first service and it's listing 16000km before the next service. I'd like to set it to 15000km instead.

Any ideas how to accomplish this? I do have a VCDS if it's required.

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat NMS TDI SEL Premium
Hi,

Is there a way to adjust the distance travelled before the next scheduled service on the MDF? Mine was reset by the dealer after the first service and it's listing 16000km before the next service. I'd like to set it to 15000km instead.

Any ideas how to accomplish this? I do have a VCDS if it's required.
somewhere in 017 adaptation there is a place to adjust days as well as a separate option for distance to service interval...
but i am not sure on if it must be done right after being reset or can be done on the fly
if it weren't snowing outside right now i would tell you exactly...

767wrench

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Pickup
I did it to mine. Ill have to look into where I did it. I was just poking around and found it. I seem to remember having to experiment with the mileage and days to get it right because it gave you the value as a percentage or something

mattfrayage

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat NMS TDI SEL Premium
Eureka! I found it!
1.GO to UDS adaptation for instruments (017)

2.scroll to:
SID: maximum value of distance to service
OR
SID: maximum value of time to service

3. tinker away;)

source:http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf/Golf_Plus_%285K/52%29_Instrument_Cluster#Service_Reminder
Edit: since vcds 12.10 beta (3 I think?) the percentage instead of milage and days appears to have been fixed- at least on mine...
without a test on the 2014 cluster and a 2012-early '13 H05 507 cluster i cannot be SURE of this FYI

Last edited:

poor1

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4
Instruments
Adaption
Channel 02 (use up arrows)
New Value 0
(close instruction panel)
Test then shows 0
Save