Should I buy a Passat TDI?

Gonzo0324

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof
I got mine yesterday and so far I love it. Averaging 45mpg, which is truly amazing coming from an avg of 18mpg in my 4runner. Here is my new ride:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
I for one, have no problem with the "delay" of the radio/navigation sytem, and find that the controls are sensibly laid out in the cabin. Seats are very comfortable, visability excellent, plenty of storage, and to me, I think it's damn sporty looking.
!
Nav was one of my issues with mine, Even Saturday, I was going to outside of Lancaster, Pa and I had it set for Highways/Freeways and it kept wanting to take me down the Back road leaving here as if it was 1942 or something (rt2 is main, rt 648 is original from B-more to Annapolis) and this was multiple times, and the same when I got to Pensylivania too. When I would go to the NYC area, it always wanted to take me up Garden State after New Brunswick, no matter what, and up to GW bridge to go to Long Island instead of Verrazono's and Belt Parkway.
Maybe it is better on the newer models. I did like the dash layout and the woodgrain (mostly SEL,but I have an SE with it and a friend purchased a kit that really looks stock for $200 USD, Seats are only 8way vs 12 on B6, but you can find used on put them in.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI

collector_edi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Maybe it is better on the newer models. I did like the dash layout and the woodgrain (mostly SEL,but I have an SE with it and a friend purchased a kit that really looks stock for $200 USD, Seats are only 8way vs 12 on B6, but you can find used on put them in.
Do you have a website reference or pictures of your friends dash kit?

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited: