Passat/Jetta TDI in california

sfkayaker

I've done some searches but I can not find what I want.

I thought VW TDI's were not CA legal.

however I see 2004 Jetta/Passats TDI's for sale in CA.

can I buy a Passat wagon TDI out of state and register it in CA.

tim

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Folks, Wow! sfkayaker is #30,000. First off, I welcome you. Second off, may I suggest that you read and learn here for a bit? Once you get your feet wet, contact me and I will set you up with a TDI of your dreams as well as keep you out of trouble. Later!

jennie

Here is a link to a discussion of the "how to get a new tdi into CA" issue, but it is from 2003:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?C...rt=all&vc=1

Harvieux, did you have a particular area in mind for him to check out? I have been looking around for a more current discussion of "new tdi/CA" issue. Or alternately, which forum should I post in to ask about people's experiences if any?

Anyone seeing any of the 04 passat wagons for sale used? What I really want is one of the "new" (ie not B4) passat wagon.

Jennie

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I wouldn't mind trading my Jetta for a white Passat wagon. I will probably wait till the wheels fall off my Jetta. Besides I'm still having too much fun with it.

Good luck finding your Passat.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi jennie, The search function on this forum has problems. I have discussed this topic on numerous occaisions but, don't know how to find them.

I have access to a near new 2004 B5 Passat GL Wagon, Silver with black cloth and about 8K miles if you would be interested. I can email you some pictures upon request. email me at: wrmltd@pacbell.net Later!

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Harv - how much for that Wonder-Wagon?
Come on, say a nice number and I drive down this weekend!

peter pyce

Veteran Member
No, no.... I am not bored! The Jetta is now entering the best times, so is yours
I am just thinking to replace the Bug with a Passat.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Ok then, shall we do a Cali GTG, so we all drive from where you all are and go to Harv's place and do "Meet The Passat" GTG?

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
FYI, Harv is selling that white Passat TDI sedan he has for $28,680, so the wagon is at least that much...so when are we driving down?