immo 2 eurovan (t4) SKC

ewenmaclean

Veteran Member
TDI
T25 with 1.9 AHU
Hello,

I want to be able to program new keys to my T4 van - especially as I think the ignition switch is soon to fail. I have VCDS to match the keys, and am trying to use vag-tacho to get the SKC (pin). I successfully connect to the instruments and can read the eeprom - the clocks are VDO 7D0920900B with immo 6H0953257A. Unfortunately the PIN is always returned as 0000.

I am not sure if the SKC is kept in the clocks and the separate immo box. When I try to retrieve from the immo box it says "Access Denied". I was under the impression the SKC was only in the cluster.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice here - in particular if it is possible to know from the eeprom which bits correspond to the SKC. I can post the eeprom too if it is helpful.

thanks very much in advance

ewenmaclean

Veteran Member
TDI
T25 with 1.9 AHU
Thanks a lot for the reply. You are right - I was a bit confused. The immo is actually immo 2 siemens box - the SKC is held in the TMS370 PLCC28 chip. That'll need desoldering and reading to get the PIN as you say.

ewenmaclean

Veteran Member
TDI
T25 with 1.9 AHU
Hello again,

I have now got a new immo 2 siemens box for which I have read the SKC. I want to replace the existing box with this one. I have VCDS to do key coding, but do I need to introduce the immo box to the ECU first - following the same procedure on the vcds site for swapping a new ECU (even thought the ECU is staying the same, but the immo box is changing)?

I just want to make sure there's a failsafe to go back to the original box, for which I have a key coded, in case this doesn't work.

thanks a lot for any advice

ewenmaclean

Veteran Member
TDI
T25 with 1.9 AHU
thanks - yeah you have to register the immo with the ecu first (read and save in group 000), then do the key and immo2 procedure with the skc... unfortunately the immo box (with same part number) I got as spare doesn't seem to accept the existing keys with ID42 transponder chips. It appears to communicate with vcds (and the login is accepted), but on a different channel - I will try and figure this out..

ewenmaclean

Veteran Member
TDI
T25 with 1.9 AHU
Just an update to this in case anyone searches for the same… I had clearly not "introduced" the ECU to the new immo properly - once I had, this worked fine and now works