Turbo removal & replacement process in a T4 Transporter 2.5Tdi (102BHP) ACV please?!

test pilok

TDI
2001 T4 2.5 Tdi 102BHP LWB Window Van in Silver with Heavy Tint Glass, 3 quick release seats & partition + custom load bay
Turbo removal & replacement process in a T4 Transporter 2.5Tdi (102BHP) ACV please?!

Hi Everyone from now rainy England.

Now I did have a search on here, but my brother's mechanic says that this is about access. I have the above van (you might know it as something slightly different-it's the engine size & code that's important) & he's having real trouble figuring out how to remove the seized turbo. Apparently it's about clearance & some star sockets. So could someone please outline the process with some detail around the removal of the turbo unit itself? He says he's spent 5 hours on this...

Thank you all so much. I'm very nearly at the end of my tether with this vehicle. All I want it to do now is just work as standard. I'll leave any notions of tuning it as daydreams.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Until a guru chimes in try doing a search. It may give you and your
brother some ideas at least. Type in turbo removal and see what comes up.
Good Luck.
JB

test pilok

TDI
2001 T4 2.5 Tdi 102BHP LWB Window Van in Silver with Heavy Tint Glass, 3 quick release seats & partition + custom load bay
Hi JB.

Looks like guru time. Had a good poke about on here-nothing for my particular model. Trouble is that I don't know how comparable the lump in mine is to the more familiar units, where there's loads of info & hopefully some crossover.

Cheers anyhow & thanks for replying.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Unfortunately over here, we don't have any diesels other than passat, golf, jettas, and beetles... on top of that, we never got more than the base 4cyl diesel engine, and they are RARE!!!.

I would suspect you will need to disassemble the interior to get to the engine compartment if it's a rear engine design.